Friday, June 15, 2007

Must. write. something...

I know that my few faithful readers (ha) have been missing me, so it's time to jot down some memories before I forget them. Dan and I have been back from our honeymoon for almost two weeks, and I have yet to decide where I'm going to post my photos. I love my photosite for the personalization and color (and because I'm chunking out the cash for more photo room), yet I love my google album because it is so crisp and clear, and I can upload at full resolution (but has limited space). Decisions...maybe I should rethink where my money is going. It would be nice to have wedding and honeymoon photos on the same site and at least have our photographer's photos at full resolution for people to download. Ok, shut it Vicki, let's move on and stop boring readers.

[May 18th]
On the 18th I had my bachelorette party, and it reinforced the fact that I'm not and will never be a party gal. I wanted a party that would be more "me," and not "last fling, let's all get plastered." It was a lot of fun just to be with the girls, eating dinner at Bar Louie, and knowing that we were all going to play games at my apartment afterwards. Well...the first thing my co-worker Kathy did was buy everyone a tequila shot. Tequila...hello? I don't think so. I'm a fruity-mixed-drink-kind of girl here. I refused it while everyone else drank up and that didn't make Kathy too happy, so in the middle of the meal I gave Sheri half of my shot and she took it with me. Here's a photo of that event... you like the get-up that Sheri shoved on me provided?



I think good times were had by all, especially when Sheri broke out the bachelorette party playing cards and had the girls doing random things. It was classic when our waiter was at the computer putting in an order and Erin quickly walked past and pinched his butt. CLASSIC! We were rolling on the floor, and our waiter was such a trooper. Mandy went up to some table full of guys and made the manliest guy there tell all of his friends that s*x didn't matter to him! And I got a picture with another waiter wearing my antennas. I think I'll keep that picture to myself for that poor guy's anonymity. Here's a photo of Sheri and Mandy getting ready to do a yager bomb together. Did I even spell that right? I'm alcoholically challenged over here. Notice Sheri's tongue sticking out to say, "Mmmmm!"





Since two of the girls didn't come back to the apartment to play games with us, Kathy diverted us to a nearby sports bar. We walked in and everyone cheered! We sat at the bar next to some balding guy who proceeded to tell Mandy about his ex-wife, his living arrangments, his mother, and other liquor-induced rambling. Poor Mandy, lol. Although, we did have a good laugh when he pervertedly said, "The carpet doesn't have to match the drapes!" I don't remember now what caused that comment, but we all had a good look at each other like it was time to go, lol. Four shots or so later, a couple more bachelorette playing cards down, and me about to hurl, we decided to leave.

Sheri planned some fun, dirty games for us to play and also had cake. After stepping in the door and going to the bathroom, all I wanted to do was lay on the couch in my sickened state. Once I feel sick, I'm useless. Look what you girls did to me! :) No cake for me, but I tried to play some games from my spot on the couch. I wasn't moving for anything! Dan eventually came home and babied me with crackers, water, and advil until I took another bathroom break and passed out in bed. Let me give you some advice, okay? If you ever have four or more sweet shots in one night, before passing out make sure to brush your teeth! I woke up the next morning and went to brush my teeth, only to feel like the enamel had been drilled off my top teeth at the gums. *Shivers* Other than that, I felt great! Just saying...

[May 19th]
On the 19th, Dan had his bachelor party thrown by the best man and groomsman. They all went paintballing during the day and went to a bar that night. Here's the handsome groom in all his drunken glory...



My dad went to the bar portion of his party for a little bit with his video camera. I got to watch the footage and I'm sure it'll bring good memories in the future, especially if our kids watch it... priceless. "Look kids, your daddy had pretty girls writing dirty things all over his t-shirt and taking shots out of his lap! Doesn't that look like fun?!" Dan put this photo in our "love story" slide show at the reception and everyone cheered when they saw it. Men...

Speaking of the reception, and wedding for that matter, I'll write more on those topics this weekend. Otherwise this post will keep me up late into the night and be a mile long. What's new, right? Dan left tonight to spend a camping/boating weekend with the guys, so it's just little old me with a ton to keep me busy.

Here's a teaser. Everyone say it with me, "Aaaaaahhhhhh."
(That's a nude island, by the way...)

2 comments:

Michelle June 15, 2007 at 12:18 AM  

Yay! An update!!!!
Congrats on the wedding/preparty/reception/honeymoon all going well! Can't wait to see the rest of the photos!!!!
Glad you had a wonderful time!!!
And CONGRATS!!!!!!

Sheri June 19, 2007 at 11:48 AM  

The Jager Bomb was delicious!!

And the drunken man at the bar was discussing the carpet matching the drapes because I ordered a Red Headed Slut and made the comment that it wasn't very red, it was brown. Haha! Love the re-cap of the weekend. :)

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP