Tuesday, March 18, 2008

H to the iz-ouse...

As I look through all of the kitchen pictures I've posted so far with our new fridge, paint chips, and whatever else, I can sense exactly what you're thinking...

What on earth are her kitchen and counter top colors anyway?!

Don't call me if Better Homes & Gardens or Martha wants magazine-worthy photos of your home, because every picture will inevitably turn out a different color. The closest I came was with this sneak peek photo with natural light. If you come visit our house don't be surprised if the wall colors look totally different than they do online. We could be using a bright magenta for all you know.

Speaking of paint colors - our versions of them at least - we are digging what we have so far. Our main focus has been the master bed/bath and living room, and those are almost done. The guest bedroom is almost done minus some touch-ups and maybe another ceiling trim job. Next we'll start priming and painting the office. I'll have pictures soon, and a reveal of where all those colors are going.

If you've ever wanted a way to test your patience, you should have come to our annual Homeowner's Association meeting last night. Holy pool passes. The meeting was only scheduled for two hours - two hours of hearing what homeowners in an association really care about... like how much the trees cost in the neighborhood. There's an elected board for a reason, and I trust that they'll use our money wisely. Why is there a need to spend a half-hour on the topic of fixing the brick monument at the front entrance? THEY'VE ALREADY DONE THE RESEARCH, PEOPLE. As you can see, my patience needs some work.

After the meeting last night we stopped at Lowe's to buy the rest of our paint colors. We need more of our darkest brown, but who knew it would be nearly impossible to match even with the formula from before, so we'll have to take our paint can/lid back another day and see if we can match. We had a 10% off coupon and Dan wanted to take full advantage of it, so while I was waiting on paint to be mixed he somehow picked out a grill, grill cover, and lawn mower. The boy doesn't waste any time when it comes to sales and coupons.


Dan and I got this gift from a couple at work today. The husband went to Belgium on business and brought us back some yummy chocolates. They're all filled with something different. They'll be gone in a week I'm sure... wonder if they're available online?

I have more news, but I'll wait to share until it's confirmed.

It looks like we'll be moving into the house by Saturday. Whether we're done painting or not, we have to move so we can clean the apartment next week and turn in our keys. We also have plans on Saturday and Easter Sunday to factor into the mix. Pray for my sanity.

Have a fabulous hump day, fo' shizzle.

1 comments:

Sheri March 18, 2008 at 11:48 PM  

Hey I'm trying out my new BlackBerry
Pearl phone here. Glad to hear that the house is coming along. Can't wait to see the finished product!

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP