Sunday, September 20, 2009

Labor Day | Riverfest

A couple weeks ago we went to Riverfest on the Ohio River, otherwise known as the WEBN Fireworks. This is something I always look forward to, not because I have some fetish with crowds or traffic--quite the opposite--but because one of my brothers goes the day before to save the best seats in the house. I've never experienced fireworks as great as these.

This year we took both cameras with us. Dan mainly used our wide angle zoom lens because we thought it would look cool to have a shot with both bridges and a full view of the action. He also used our tripod. I used our 50mm 1.4 because it's my favorite lens and I wanted to see how it would do. I mainly shot from my knee or lap, depending on how I was sitting. You can only get so comfortable on a seat of concrete. It was really neat to sort through the images and see how we got completely different shots of the same fireworks.

Sitting on the Cincinnati side, looking toward the Kentucky side.


Here comes the barge full o' fireworks, around 8:00p.





























The wind was not in our favor this year, so there was some smoke and debris. While the fireworks weren't the sharpest in this shot, I thought they were neat coming from both bridges and the barge.


The infamous waterfall from the bridge, during a tribute to Michael Jackson. Dan's shot:


My shot:









0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP