Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Off to a good start...

Here's a Christmas tag that's about a month overdue from Stephanie!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? The gifts are always wrapped with care.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the tree and balcony.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I've thought about it. I steal kisses whenever I want anyway, mistletoe or not. ;)

5. When do you put your decorations up? Normally my family and I have done them on/around Thanksgiving. Dan and I didn't really decorate last year, and this year we started a week or so before Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Is honey baked ham a dish? With a special sauce my dad makes, mmmm.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child. Leaving cookies and milk for Santa each year, along with carrots for the reindeer. Everything would be gone when I woke up in the morning. I remember one year I couldn't get to sleep because I actually heard bells outside. I kept looking out my window to see if Santa was out there!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Santa still brings gifts to my parents' house occasionally, and to Dan's grandparents'. (But really, it was about 5th grade)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My family opens all of their gifts on Christmas Eve, some from Dan's family also.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? This is the first year we've had a Christmas tree together, and Dan went all out putting lights on every branch! We decorated it with gold ribbon, red beads, red and gold glitter bulbs, and all of the ornaments we got from friends and family at our tree-trimming party. There's a picture in the post below!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Absolutely LOVE it! Where is it already?

12. Can you ice skate?
I might fall on my behind...but I used to be pretty speedy as a kid. I've only been about twice in my life.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmm, there are a lot of those. I guess I'll go with the kitties that Dan got me this year. Such a surprise!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family time, baking, etc.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? With desserts they're all a favorite to me! I can't choose just one.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I'm going blank...do I have any traditions? :) Now that my mom, aunt, and grandma gave Hallmark collectible ornaments for our tree, I can start a tradition of picking a new one(s) for the tree every year.

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving tops the list, though I rarely know what to give.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "Christmas is All in the Heart" by Steven Curtis Chapman (I think)

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yummy!

I'm sure everyone's done it by now, but if you haven't then you're officially tagged!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here are some recent pictures of the babies. Love how they have two different personalities, one is a little bigger than the other, and they are always playing, wrestling, following each other, and wanting attention. We ended with the names Merrybell for the red one and Urple for the purple one.


Merrybell helping me at the 'puter. She wanted to help me type, but was stopped before she caused any harm, hehe.


Both babies watching Dan's trainset that I got him for Christmas. By the end, Urple was on the table following the trains around, but Merrybell was whacking the train cars off the track to watch them plummet to the ground.


Urple was about to get tackled...


Yes, you see this correctly. Rotten child was on my new wacom tablet. I took a couple pictures before promptly removing her and telling her that it's MY toy!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you've read Ali's blog or newsletter lately, I'm totally inspired by her "one word" challenge for the new year. I hardly make resolutions for myself, and even if I think of something remotely resolution-like, I forget about it shortly after. Here's what Ali says on her blog...

{one little word

A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow.

Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2007?

It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.}

How awesome is that? I was so motivated to choose one word that would encompass my hopes for 2007, and wrote down all that I could think of. It took me a few days, after thinking of embrace, connect, and so many other words that would be great...I decided on decide (weird huh?). Such an empowering word for me considering it's so hard for me to make decisions (blame it on my Libra ways) and this year will be full of decisions! But, I went back and forth with it, knowing that it would be perfect for me, but still wanting something more relationship- and creativity-oriented. I started looking up definitions and quotes and just wasn't impressed with decide anymore.

I looked up quotes for connect since that was my second choice and found some really touching things. Some quotes for connect led me to the words choice and choose, which led me back into the realm of decisions...finding one awesome quote after another...I was brought back to my original word. So, that must be it...DECIDE!

And it really means so much more than just making decisions in everyday life. I know that's going to be tough! It also includes attitude (Sheri, here's some COM 102 for ya) because deciding to have a better outlook and attitude about things can change your whole perspective. I want to have an awesome 2007, make myself a more positive person, to be more confident, have a better life, have better relationships, enrich my faith, get out and do more, and only I can decide to do those things. To wake up and decide that it's going to be a good day. To look at the mess that's around my apartment and decide that it's okay because we are blessed with food that dirties our dishes, clothes that clutter the bedroom and laundry basket, and kitties so full of life that they fling litter all over the bathroom floor. Just to decide means so much, and I love it.

So the first challenge was to pick a word and do something with it...a layout, minibook, whatever. My layout is still in the process and I'm working on coming out of a huge scrapping RUT, but heck if I'm not creatively inspired by all of the cool layouts by Ali. Don't tell anyone, but I've been stalking her a little lately and tearing all of her studio sections out of my CK magazines. Shhh...I might put them in a binder with page protectors just so I can drool over them again and again. Wipe off the drool, repeat.

The challenge in her newsletter today is to take my word and post it somewhere, anywhere I will always see it and remember it. My plan is to take the layout I make and transfer it onto an 8x8 canvas for hanging. You betcha.

Well, I've decided that this post has taken me way too long and now it must end. Time for bed. Tomorrow's Thursday, that much closer to Friday. This weekend Sheri, Mandy and I are going to go shopping for bridesmaid's dresses!

If you pick a word for this year let me know what it is! :)

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP