Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lisa + Justin: Engagement

On the Rye farm, there sits a quaint little cabin in the woods. It's a little piece of history dating back several generations with trinkets and antiques, handmade quilts and details of the lives lived there.

When Dan's cousin, Lisa, and her fiance asked us to do their wedding, my mind immediately reeled the scenes of an engagement shoot at the cabin. Oh, how cool it would be. Much to my surprise, Lisa was right on board with my thoughts of frolicking in the woods and showing Justin the cabin. And yes, it was very cool.

These two are naturals. We had them tromping through tall grasses - probably some poison ivy, getting chummy with spiders, and even sitting under snakeskins. After Lisa cringed, she whiped the grass, cobwebs and dust off her WHITE DRESS with a smile. Troopers, I tell you. It was really hard to narrow down a handful of photos for posting, but these definitely rank high on the favorites list.

A piece of Lisa and Justin's story...





I get goosebumps looking at this one...


I love all the bits and details in this shot...


Ah, young love...


We decided to have a sword fight...




After this shot, things got a little naughty...


The benefit of having two cameras: this is one angle...


This is the alternate angle, and I love both...


We had beautiful weather that day...


I love me some lower-half shots...


Lisa and Justin - we had quite an adventure and hope you did too. The cabin was the perfect spot. We're so stoked to show you the rest of the photos!

2 comments:

Mandy August 13, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

Awesome photos!!! I am like you, I enjoy the half shots. I also like to take feet and hands. People think that's weird but when you take families it really us a cute memory.

Anonymous August 13, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

They are so cute (and YOUNG!!!). Wonderful photos, Vicki! When do you want to come to Indy for a session? ;)

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP