Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fast as lightning...

I'm only giving myself a half-hour for this, so we're rolling lightning style. My August and upcoming, combined in some kind of order...

Sometime around the end of July, I finally finished Harry Potter #4. Instead of starting #5, I changed it up and started reading Eat, Pray, Love from my bookshelf. Very good so far.

On August 3rd, after our shoot with Lisa + Justin and visiting Dan's family, Dan and I were rear-ended. He was driving his car, we were stopped at the end of a highway exit ramp, and the woman must have thought we were going to go because BOOM! My glasses and a sandal went flying. We were/are okay except for some aches and trouble sleeping the first week or so. The car is fine - slight dent that you can only see at certain angles. Dan's STILL dealing with her insurance company. Jiminy crickets, they need to do their jobs already.

Adam and Sheri came to visit the 16th-17th. We had a good time, played some Apples to Apples, pigged out, played with the kitties, and made sure to indulge in a high-calorie dessert. Sheri brought kitty treats so she made instant friends. Well, as much "instant" as you can get with our cats and their skittish attitudes around other people. We also decided to explore a trail here in the neighborhood, which was a great decision. Lots of photo opps for the girls while the guys had other ideas of fun... like going for a swim in the muddy water. I don't have any photos on my laptop, so you can check out Sheri's blog for a little nature collage.

Last weekend we had Lisa + Justin over to see their photos and chat about the wedding. I hope they enjoy the photos of their cute selves! The next day, one of my cousins had a graduation (Master's!) and housewarming party. They bought their house about a year ago and finally had a chance to celebrate. On Sunday, Dan and my dad gave my car a nice little tune-up, made my AC work, put on new front brakes, and made my car feel young again. Yippee! You don't know how great air conditioning is in the summer until YOU DON'T HAVE IT! And I haven't had it for about a month. Man it's been hot.

  • The other day I started Twitter - follow me and see what I'm up to in the sidebar.
  • I have been BEYOND busy and stressed at work. Our show is coming up sooner than I know. I LEAVE NEXT FRIDAY. Yikes, I need to pack. I've had plenty of overtime lately, working until six or seven every weeknight, and picking up Saturdays when I can.
  • Speaking of Saturdays, what are those?
  • My battery is getting low, the stress-relief oil in my diffuser has all been enjoyed, and my half-hour is gone, so it's time to sleep. I need to take time for me at night, no matter how stressed I am at work. I don't need to be overstressed and sick while traveling and working.
  • I shall return in one form or another - blogging bits or Twitter.
Happy hump day... let's get some sleep.

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP