Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hopeless in Chicago...

I made it to Chicago in one piece, got my luggage and hauled all four
bags plus purse onto a shuttle. Then, I got the joy of sitting in
traffic for something like two-and-a-half hours. Yay, traffic.

The hotel is nice, minus the fact that I'm blonde and couldn't turn on
the shower this morning. A maintenance guy came to look at it, I
realized how dumb I was when he turned it right on...but it wasn't a
totally wasted trip because the hot water wasn't really working. I
guess that's what happens when you're on the 11th floor of an older
hotel.

We had Cheesecake Factory for a late dinner last night. The décor was
like something out of Alice in Wonderland, crazy looking shwooshes and
gold everywhere, but very cool. Remind me not to have wine on an empty
stomach, no matter how much peer pressure is looming over me while at
a hotel bar before going to dinner. We stuffed ourselves too much and
too late for cheesecake...pity pity.

Right now I'm not sure what's for dinner. There is a happy hour with
appetizers scheduled at the hotel, but I'm waiting for a co-worker to
finish what she's working on so we can leave the convention center.
Let's roll, sista!

I've had two experiences with taxis now and I'm sure there will be
many more while I'm here. For the first, I took one to the airport
from home and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to tip him. Now I feel
bad for not doing so, and I'm sure he had some choice words for me
after dragging my luggage in and out of his trunk.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have some shopping time while I'm here. I love
seeing all the people walking around. I wonder where they're going
with their backpacks and shopping bags, and if they live here or if
they are naive tourists like me. Because really, I have no clue what's
gong on around here. You'd think I never traveled a day in my life.

You better pray for me, because I don't know if my feet or I will make
it through this week without HELP. I wore tennis shoes today and my
feet still feel like I've been wearing heels.

Looks like we're almost done here and we can get back to the hotel.
And I can stop typing on my little iPhone keyboard. Finally. AND
because I found out that the edge network will allow me to have a
working phone in this convention center rather than a 3G brick, I'm
darn excited.

Miss you, Dan. Enjoy having the house to yourself for a week, and I'll
try not to skip a show day and blow all of our money shopping. Much
love.

Catch me on the twitter, yo.

1 comments:

Anonymous September 17, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Where did you go?

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP