Monday, September 22, 2008

Thoughts on a Monday...

Today...

  • My department (along with a handful of management) moved buildings. Movin' on up...to the penthouse offices on the fifth floor.
  • My daily commute has almost doubled - from seven miles to 12.
  • Google Maps says I could take an alternate route and save .1 miles, though I would probably add 10 minutes onto my trip after stopping at Starbucks inside Kroger. Hmm...curbside parking?
  • Unpacking sucked because we have a lot of open shelving and not as many drawers. Time to be selective about what's showing and what's not.
  • The new offices are really nice, but way too quiet.
  • I felt lost all day because everything was in a new place and it was TOO DARN QUIET.
  • I also felt lost because half of my job duties are back at the old office, so I'm still ironing out those details.
  • And I didn't get to see Dan at all during the workday.
  • BUT I got to jam all the way to and from work.
  • The bathrooms are much closer. Friends with small bladders will understand.
  • I was able to get away from the new office and go back to the old office for a few things.
  • I am thinking about pictures and art that I can put in my little space.
  • I went from having a L-shaped desk with no guest chairs to a U-shaped desk with two guest chairs. Who shall I invite to my cube now? Can I call it a cube if it has room for guests?
  • After a simple dinner with Dan, I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies.
  • I'm going to take them into work. I've already eaten a few, oops.
  • All of Lisa & Justin's wedding pictures have been downloaded - all 1,812 of them.
  • I have the greatest respect for wedding photographers, but such a title is not included in our future aspirations.
  • Looking back on the wedding, it was quite an experience to be on the photography side.
  • It was also quite an experience to be eaten alive by mosquitoes in a period of 10 minutes, maybe less. Total damage = eight bites (and that's just on my arms. There may be more I haven't seen yet).
  • I need to get my Fall decor out from the basement. First day of Fall = 81 degrees, but I noticed a couple trees already changing in the neighborhood. Maybe they're just giving up from the heat.
  • I need to start getting ideas for handmade Christmas gifts.
  • October is coming - one of my favorite months. I've heard we get a lot of Trick-or-Treaters in our neighborhood. Woo!
  • Sheri and her hubby celebrate two years tomorrow. Happy Anniversary!
  • Random time is over, bed time is now.

1 comments:

Mandy September 23, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

I can't wait to decorate for fall!!! And the festivals to attend!!!! I got out my cupcake holders and fall cookie cutters this weekend. Can't wait to make all those fall foods!

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP