Monday, May 8, 2006

Ah, memories...continued...

I think I've kept you all in suspense long enough, or maybe not ;) ... but I was waiting for the right dates to continue my story and I've also been mucho busy.

A year ago on Friday the sixth, Dan was out of town for a friend's wedding and we had already had a few long phone conversations that week. I knew it was his birthday and I sent a text message to his phone saying something like "I hope someone sang to you today...Happy Birthday!" We also had another long conversation that night and planned to get together on the eighth, that Sunday, to hang out. When Sunday rolled around, I had plans for a Mother's Day brunch with the girls on my dad's side of the family, then it was off to visit Dan afterwards. It was so weird to see him after so long! We caught up on the last several years, walked around the town, and stopped to have some ice cream. We've been inseparable ever since! It's funny that we can talk about events years ago and have a connection to them, but also have our own story and our own past...an interesting past that's led us together today.

He never ceases to amaze me with his sensitivity and generosity, and I can't believe it's been a year already. We can basically read each other's minds, and it's scary that I can be sitting on the couch or in the car, and he'll ask me about the subject I'm thinking about, without me saying a word. I often wonder if I'm on the Truman show or if something's implanted in me that lets him know exactly what I'm thinking, lol. He gives me everything I want and more, and is always willing to listen and help. I only hope he can say the same about me, hehe. ;)

Here's a layout I did for his birthday. I framed it with one of the 8x8 frames from Target, of course! I picked this song by Jack Johnson because it's one of the first songs I remember from our relationship and it's one of our favorite singers. I thought we could put it on our mantel, but Dan took it to work for his desk! A majority of the idea for this composition came from Dani's Mother's Day layout, that girl is just too creative! I am in LOVE with this kit and the barcode font, too!


Kit - Gina Cabrera's Lucky Star kit, gift from SSD5
Torn paper action - Atomic Cupcake
Character photo filter - Virtual Photographer
Fonts - Snowshoe, Top Secret and Barcode Font


Thanks for looking! Happy Monday!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP