Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ah, memories...

Exactly one year ago yesterday, I was searching for old friends' names on the facebook to see who I could find, and Dan's name popped into my head. I searched...there he was! He had a page! I can't find the message I sent him, so I'm guessing that I 'poked' him to let him know I found him, or added him as a friend automatically, I don't remember. One year ago today, he sent me a message to ask how I was doing and what I had been up to...and that's how it all began (again). I gave him my new screenname and we chatted for hours, catching up on the last several years. He was living and working in Cincinnati, and I was going to school there. He claimed that he was just a pit stop on my drive home, what a silly boy. He now owned the car that I had been wanting, and I knew it was fate, lol. Over the course of the next week, I thought about him as I passed his exit on the highway...we talked almost every day...and I couldn't help talking to the other girls in the office about him and our weird reunion.

Let's go back about 5 years ago, in 2001, I was living with a friend named Tiffani. I had been dating a guy named Todd for a long time and we broke up at the end of 2000, but were still trying to be friends. Tiffani was dating Dan for a long time and about to break things off with their relationship. I'm sure you can see the plot thickening here. Now, two single girls. Let's make a really long story short...I ended up finding someone new, and Tiffani ended up thinking Todd was free for the taking. Conflict, cold shoulders, a friendship lost.

Let's move forward a few months. Since I had met Dan a few times while he was visiting Tiffani in the past, we already had each other's screennames and had been chatting here-and-there as friends. One day, one of his friends was coming to my college and he decided to come along so we could hang out. We ended up having dinner at Friday's and I was one nervous girl! Of course I thought he was cute ;), but now we were actually hanging out and having dinner together! After dinner we had some time to waste, so we went back to my apartment to watch TV or whatever. We were ready to leave when his time was up, and wouldn't you know that Tiffani had come home. OH, the look on her face when she saw Dan in our apartment with me was priceless! Anyway, he knows this now, but when I dropped him back off to leave with his friend, I really just wanted to reach over and plant one on him. I was too much of a wuss to do that, though!

Probably a couple months later was spring break and I had planned to go to Panama with some sorority sisters. And what do you know, Dan was going to Panama with some of his friends at the same time I was! But, being the bad traveler I was...the morning we were supposed to leave, the guys upstairs had a party so I didn't get any sleep, then I walk out in the morning and see puke all over the ground from that party, and to top that off one of the sorority gals was sick and puking her head off. I suddenly felt really nauseous and decided that I wasn't going to travel umpteen hours for that trip and backed out. I later found out that my group and Dan's group had stayed in a very near, if not the same, hotel. Shucks!

I think Dan and I kinda lost touch after that since we were at different colleges. I even deleted him from my buddy list after a year or so since we never talked anymore (eek!). And that brings us to one year ago when we got back in contact. He had always liked me, and I had always liked him, and neither of us knew....

...To be continued. :)

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP