Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wednesday ramblings...

Ah, it feels good to be back!

I know every week I say that it's been crazy or busy or something around here, but this weekend takes the cake! Maybe the icing too! I'm still going strong on Rhonna's {21} challenge! Today is day {15} for me, though I have to be honest and admit that Dan and I skipped two days last week. I felt really sick both nights, like I thought my head was going to be in the toilet, and the second night we just ran out of time. But we're still in the game, jumped right back on track! I think tonight we're going to rollerblade on a bike trail near my parents' house instead of going to the gym. I'm looking forward to it! My mom bought me new rollerblades a few years ago for Christmas and I haven't used them yet, I hope they still fit.

Last Friday my wireless connection was working just fine at school, and I was chatting away while my students took an exam. I don't remember if I tried it Friday night, but Saturday morning it wasn't working at all. What the...? I tried everything, unplugging everything I could find, plugging it back in, using a wire connection, nothing worked. I had to get my survey out! I ended up having to use Dan's laptop the ENTIRE weekend for internet because mine was just being stupid. I didn't understand it at all! You don't realize how much you depend on your own computer until you don't have it. I didn't have any of my links, I could only go to the blog addresses I remembered, I had to sign-in to all of my accounts each time...I know, my computer spoils me...and once I finally got my survey out I was just going back and forth to the different forums and re-signing in each time, and that was really all I could do. I didn't want to put a bunch of links and crap on his laptop. *SIGH*

Long story short, Dan had my anti-virus CD at work and once he came home with it Monday my laptop got a reformat! I'm back and better than ever! My laptop had been doing all sorts of crazy things before, and I'm hoping it's all fixed now.

AND, I stopped my survey on Monday with a total of over 500 RESPONSES! I couldn't believe it, in just one weekend, and neither can my advisor. The only problem is that I won't be able to use all of them because I'll have two categories of responses and those totals need to be equal...unless my advisor thinks otherwise. I'm still in shock over the total of responses!

I do have a couple of layouts to show you from my challenge. I had missed so many that instead of frantically trying to catch up and remember what happened each day, I've just done the most recent ones that I can remember. I've also changed the style up a bit...I was trying to fit Rhonna's little works of art into my mini layouts, but that was too hard to find the right colors and elements and all, so I'm doing the pages with whatever I want and typing out the quotes. You'll see what I mean...

[DAY 13]

Credits:
Paper - Dawn Stocstill's Hopeful gift
Stamp alpha - Rebecca DiGrazio
White stamps - Misprinted type
Circles - Katie Pertiet gift
Fonts - Top Secret, Angelina


[DAY 14]

Credits:
Kit - Carrie Stephen's You Make My World Go 'Round gift
Straight stitching - Kathy Moore
Fonts - MA Fishy, MA Sexy, Piracy, Angelina
Blue "paint" - Misprinted type


Here's one more I forgot about, but it was up this weekend in TDC's gallery for the Chick's Life challenge prompt "Signs of Spring." I absolutely LOVE this layout, it's my desktop wallpaper right now!

[SIGNS OF SPRING]

Tons of credits:
Background paper, brads, flowers, photo corners - Taran Conyer's Delight gift
Notebook papers - Gina Miller's BYOBB and Note This kits
Bookplate - Shabby P's Shabby Fall gift
Green sewn papers - Dani Mogstad's Spring Bouquet gift
Stitching - Valerie Fowler from Refresh collaborative
Stitched flower - Holly McCaig's Spring is Coming
Negative slide - unknown
Pink stitched alpha - Tandika Star
Fonts - Jane Austen and Jot


That's all I have today, just some useless stuff, hehe. ;)
Hope you all have/had a great hump day!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP