Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Slacking and motivation...

...do those two really go together?

Since I got up this morning at 10, which is slacking to begin with considering I normally wake up around 8 now, I've been perusing blogs and things online, really accomplishing nothing but inspiring myself to scrap when I really don't have the time. But, a little update here and I'm off to the shower and to be more productive today.

Yesterday after my office hours I decided I would pay a visit to the lovely bookstore to see if they had the DS5 magazine yet...of course not. I did buy two Memory Makers magazines though, their June issue and the Master's issue. I would've gotten more, but I sent in a few subscription cards at the beginning of the month and I'm not sure which issues (and when) are going to be sent. I don't need two copies, so I'll wait a little bit while I'm occupied with other things.

Also yesterday, Rhonna started her THIRD round of the {21} challenge. It's only my second round, but the last one went really well for me and I'm looking forward to conquering this one too! For these 21 days, I'm motivating myself to take at least an hour out of every day to work on my Master's paper. I only have a little over 21 days to get it done anyway (by the end of the quarter) so this is the push I need to really work on it everyday. And as an added motivator (which is questionable) I can't use the internet during that hour, at ALL. Normally, I'll sit and work on something, but get sidetracked by something I need to do online or elsewhere. Can't do that now. And I know I didn't do too well on the mini layouts last time, but I'm changing that up this time and hopefully it'll be easier and less time consuming. I'm a perfectionist, though, so don't hold me to the "less time consuming" thing! This time I'm actually going to do the art journal and just doodle and draw freely. I had one of those 6x8 spiral journals sitting around waiting to be used, and I already did my first entry last night in about an hour while watching TV. Rhonna is also switching it up a bit this round, by giving everyone a word each week to interpret and play with, rather than a quote a day. Inspiring!

It looks like I won't be able to scrap my heart out until next week! I have all of these ideas piling up, and some scraplift challenges I've wanted to do lately, but they'll have to wait. Here's my list o' crap to do for the next week, and you can all scrap for me in the meantime.
  • finish methods section of paper
  • start results section of paper
  • grade tests to turn back Friday
  • study for comp retake that's next week
  • go to twin nephews' first Communion
  • go to Stampin' Up party
  • go to job interview!

Truth be known, I was distracted a million times just writing this post! I took up way more time than I wanted to, and now it's time to get myself in the shower! :)

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP