Monday, May 29, 2006

I'm baaaaaaaack!

It feels good to be home, but I think I'd rather still be on vacation with my sweetie. After we had our wonderful vacation together for our one-year anniversary, I'm sorry to tell you that Dan is no longer my amazing boyfriend...



...now he is my amazing fiance! *grinning from ear-to-ear*
Did I scare you there? :)

Indeed, after all the tricks that boy had up his sleeve, his final surprise was the BIG ONE! It couldn't have been more perfect...the vacation, the proposal, all of it. Of course, if I would've remembered that I was supposed to say 'yes' instead of sitting there with my jaw on the ground, it might have been better, LOL, but that story is to come.

One year ago from Saturday the 27th, Dan and I made our relationship official. We were already inseparable, and that morning before he went to work he said something like, "You know, we haven't talked about our relationship at all... somehow we've avoided that topic." We knew we were pretty much boyfriend and girlfriend, so we sealed the deal and made plans to have lunch together that afternoon.

One year later on the 27th, we're at Niagara Falls spending our day out on the town. At 5:00, we went to the Cirque Niagara and tried to decide what to do for dinner. Dan figured that we could just go to a restaurant inside the hotel, and that was fine with me. Before heading to the restaurants, we went up to the room to drop off our stuff. We walked into the suite and I didn't even notice that our dining room table was set for a candlelit dinner, until I realized that Dan had out the video camera and was recording my reaction. A special anniversary message and menu was set up on the table, along with a picture of us taken last year on our first "official" lunch date. That's when the tears came to my eyes.

Dinner was brought up to us a few minutes later, appetizers and entrees that Dan picked out...prime rib for me, and ribs for him...each of our favorites. An hour later, dessert was brought to us. Dan picked out a chocolate torte for dessert since chocolate is my favorite. When the dessert was put in front of us, I saw that Dan had a piece of the chocolate torte, and the room service manager said that mine was a special anniversary dessert. Once he left, Dan opened the lid on his dessert and came over to take the lid off of mine. It was a cute heart-shaped chocolate molded box (what I thought was cake or something), along with chocolate-covered strawberries and other candies. At that point, Dan took the lid off of the heart-shaped box and I saw a ring on a bed of rose petals.

My jaw dropped. I looked at him, he smiled, I looked back at the ring. He picked it up and said, "Will you marry me?" and all I could do was look at him and the box in shock. Back and forth, him now on his knee and me still in shock, I finally remembered that I was supposed to answer! I lifted my jaw from the ground and said, "Yes, of course!"

He got the entire thing on camera, since he sat the video camera on its tripod when we walked into the room. We watched my stunned reaction a few times over and my shock is the funniest thing ever, though I don't really want anyone else to watch it! After that, we didn't really eat our dessert, LOL. We were too excited and still trying to breathe. I called my parents, and of course they already knew, but it was exciting to tell them how he proposed. We have pictures of it all, video of most of it, and I'll never forget our perfect vacation.

Now, we have a wedding to plan! It still hasn't sunk in that we're engaged! We've talked about some details already in the past couple days, and we'd like to have the wedding May 27, 2007. It'll be our second anniversary, it'll be Memorial Day weekend, and even though it's on a Sunday everyone will have Monday off of work. I think it's perfect. I'm not sure what other people will think about it being over a holiday weekend, but it's our wedding, right? :)

I'm so excited! Here are some pictures of the ring. Dan had it made and I love it!

My dessert!


The heart made of rose petals on our table...


As close as we could get for a clear shot...


The pictures don't do it much justice, but it has a channel of 12 princess diamonds all the way across the band, and the sides bridge up to hold a larger princess stone. The wedding band will match with the same channel going across it. I totally feel like a princess! I just keep looking at my ring and watching it sparkle. :)

Now it's time for bed, and we took over 600 pictures on our vacation so I'm not even going to try to sort through and post any yet. I will soon though, through my photosite or somewhere easy to upload and view. Goodnight!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP