Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Adventures + the award goes to...

This past week has been packed full of adventures... ones that have made me think about my next step in this crazy life, ones that have gotten my tush out of my chair, and ones that have forced me to relax and take it all in. It was BY FAR the busiest week I remember having in a long time.

Monday - was scheduled to be my ONE free night to work on things for the week. I knocked out the printing and assembling of Mandy's shower invitations and absolutely loved them. I probably sprinkled in some photo editing and other things, too.

Tuesday - was my meeting with our wedding photographer. I read on his website that he's looking for someone to help him with his business part-time and I emailed him lickity split, which resulted in the meeting. We just had an informal chat about expectations and such, and I left there with an awesome opportunity within my reach and a lot to talk over with Dan. It was pretty overwhelming with the path we're trying to carve out for ourselves right now and taking it into consideration.

Wednesday - during lunch I made a trip to the post office and sent out Mandy's invites to their lovely recipients. We were supposed to meet with Scott and Mel that night, but it didn't work out. Dan and I were mucho relieved to have ANOTHER free night. See you guys soon!

Thursday - we visited with the Blasi family that night for an amazing dinner and showed them their photos. It was very cool to see their reactions to what we captured, and I loved the songs I picked for their slide show as much as they did. I almost cried at their slide show! And I know- their gallery STILL isn't online - it's so hard to narrow down the photos. BY TOMORROW - I must mark it off the to-do list!

Friday - I emailed our photographer back and grabbed up the opportunity to work with him. But Dan and I decided if he definitely hires me, it'll be a transition from my current job to the other - nice and steady. Now we're meeting next Monday to talk strategy and get to know each other. EXCITED!

We also left for Maryland around three. We stayed in Columbus for the night with Sonya and Eddie, had dinner at an Irish pub, and topped off the night with Graeter's ice cream. Thanks to the girl working there, I actually tried something new - a pina colada shake made with coconut chip ice cream and pineapples - and I've been craving it since!

Saturday - we had breakfast, made a Target and Starbuck's run and said goodbye to our friends. On the road again... and as soon as we started driving, Dan pulled out a Sweetest Day card because he's just soooooo sneaky. I don't know how he does it! The drive was amazing with all of the trees in different shades of yellow, orange, and red. Our trees haven't turned as much here - which is a good thing because we have another shoot coming up on Saturday and we're planning on pretty leaves.

We arrived, got ready at the hotel, and enjoyed an outdoor wedding ceremony without a cloud in the sky. Then, we made our way inside for the reception. It was fun, but I should've worn a SWEATER!

Sunday - after breakfast at the hotel we were on our way to a nearby park to take some photos. BEAUTIFUL shots of the trees and lake, and funny ones of a duck/goose/whatever that kept bobbing for food under the water and going halfway under. We thought he would flip over any minute.

We also stopped at a couple other places in Maryland that were right off the highway. One place was Sideling Hill which was really cool, and another was Dans Rock near Dans Mountain State Park. We saw the park sign on the highway and had to stop - we hit up Subway and was told by an employee that the Rock had more photo opps than the park, so we went there with our lunch. Definitely not a place to be if you're like me with a FEAR OF HEIGHTS. Yikes.

Once we were close enough to Columbus and it was around dinner time, I called Sheri to ask about meeting for dinner. Once she got off work, she and Adam met us at Hoggy's for some barbecue and fun. We couldn't stay long, but it was nice seeing you guys even for a short time! Back on the road... we got home around 11p and crashed! Work beckoned in the morning, ugh.

Monday - was my birthday! I had to work, but after that Dan and I zoomed (or as close to zooming as we could in the rainy muck) up to Kenwood to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. YUM! He had the night all planned out so I had no idea what was happening. After dinner we went down the street to Mitchell's where I was shocked beyond belief. He made me think I was just getting a pedicure with him, but he set us both up for a ONE HOUR FULL-BODY MASSAGE AND PEDICURE! And that, my dear friends, is why Dan wins the award for best hubby EVER! After the most stressful week, we were both able to relax and enjoy the night of pampering with each other. I could not have imagined a better birthday if I tried. Absolutely amazing. Thanks darling.

And that brings us to today... where I'm diving back into work and back at the computer, but feeling refreshed and ready to GO! Dan has our weekend photos on his computer while I'm using my magic on our shoot photos, so I don't have anything to show right now - but I will soon. For now, I'm putting together the grandparents' anniversary invitations and I need to check my 101 in 1001 list to see what I accomplished this weekend.

It's going to be a good week.

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP