Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de cupcakes...


This past week has included a whole lot of cooking - trying new recipes that turned out delicious - and enjoying some wine with our new foods. My first week in the new job called for some wine to celebrate, but also to relax my over-walked and hard-worked body. There was a LOT of walking in the first week...a lot of standing...a sick day thrown in for good measure... and watching a video and photo shoot to round out the busy week.

Dan and I also had a Panera night to meet with his cousin and her fiance. We'll be doing their engagement and wedding photos this year (oh, did I forget to mention that we're wedding photographers? Because we're NOT.) We're looking forward to it, though, and will do-what-we-do to the best degree. We already have great ideas in mind for their engagement shoot.


This past week also included relaxation, chalked messages of love and necessities, watching Dan in Real Life, and treats of all sorts. One such treat was brought from my parents' house yesterday - my piano. It marks off #44 on my 101 list to bring my piano to our new house, and also gives me a push on #45 (learning a new piano song). Dan even wants to learn to play now that it's in the house. Through the years, multiple moves, and careless teenagers, it definitely has some character. Eventually, we'll refinish it to match other wood in our house.

Tonight - is cupcake baking night. Tomorrow is hubby's birthday! I'm making him some special carrot cake cupcakes to take to work. They're just about done and I need to catch up on icing (and eating) them.

"What are we going to do this week, Brain?"
"The same thing we do every week, Pinky..."

2 comments:

Stephanie May 7, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

Dan and I share a birthday? How fun! I bet I'm older! ;)

Mandy May 7, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

I was just looking at your 365 photos. I needed to get caught up. I cracked up with the "oreo and milk" one. All I could think about was the Kangs and the whole..."Give me some milk and cookies...." "Where the milk and cookies?" Now I can't stop saying it! lol

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP