Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sing it with me...

Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane,
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain...

Ok, so he left last Saturday - not tonight - but I never knew that song said "heading for Spain." That's where he is. Funny, funny. Funny, too, that our grass is growing up like the everglades in such a short time. I've looked around to find other yards that are as high as ours, that way I know I'm not the only one pushing my luck. There aren't any. Or maybe the utter unruliness is just in my head. Either way, I got the guts to get out of the house yesterday and mow the lawn for Dan. I've never mowed a lawn. I'll admit it, but I was willing to try. That was until I couldn't even pull on the dang rope hard enough to get the mower started. Oh, and then I found out today that I was supposed to push some "cold start" button. Well...WHO KNEW THAT? Sorry Dan, the yard is still turning into a jungle for your arrival, unless something can save me.

Question: What do you get when you mix the ups and downs of moving into a new house, transitioning to a totally different job, the natural ebbs and flows of living and being, a to-do list that's overflowing, a clock that never slows, and two head colds within a month?

Answer: A no-good, unproductive, down in the dumps, just plain stuck, me.

Something's gotta go. The past couple weeks months have been a challenge - I've especially felt it in the last week or so. Definitely, exciting and fun things have come my way and I'm very blessed, but I have so much going on that I am absolutely stuck. Too much to do = too many choices = not sure what I can fit into available time = indecisive and uninspired = me flushing hours down the toilet.

Time for a change. I don't want to spend my days cleaning or watching television not knowing what else to do. This week lazing around with no obligations has been pretty refreshing for me and my stuffy head, yet frustrating at the same time. I DON'T LAZE AROUND - I KICK LAZINESS IN THE BEHIND. Yet here I sit with nothing to show for the week but piled dishes, take-out food, many hours of watched television, a trip to Walgreen's, and a haircut.

So I'm sharing my frumpiness in hopes that I can spill it and GET RID of it...process my thoughts and figure out what to do.

Spilled and moving on: Dan's coming back on Saturday, it's an extended holiday weekend, and a little celebration of us. In our story, May 27th reigns supreme. This year will total one year dating + one year engaged + one year married. Three years together, going at this crazy life as one.

Today: I was told that I should be a hand model. I had some great conversations getting to know people at work. I got a new 'do at a new salon closer to home - picture to come after Dan sees it first. I caught up on my DVR'd American Idol finale - the Guitar Hero commercials were hilarious. It's been a pretty good day - just what I needed. And tomorrow's Friday.

Irie mon.

3 comments:

Michelle May 22, 2008 at 11:49 PM  

I so hear ya! It seems like the last 2 months have just sucked here and I feel like my mojo has split big time!
Hopefully it will return soon - LOL!
Can't wait to see the 'do!

Anonymous May 23, 2008 at 8:20 AM  

Oh, I totally have a solution for the jungle yard. Find a neighbor boy and pay him $15 to mow it for you! :)

And hey, the sun will come out tomorrow. ;)

Sheri May 23, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

I can't believe you've never mowed a yard. Welcome to home ownership! P.S. You do have to prime the engine before you pull the cord. :) Adam and I actually fight over who GETS to mow (is that weird?). I love the exercise and yard work makes my heart warm! :)

I know how you feel with being overwhelmed and having no time. Our lives are flying past us! I bet you'll feel better when Dan gets home. Hopefully that will get you out of the slump! Have a happy anniversary and Memorial Day weekend!!! *Smile*

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP