Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Birthday schtuff and other rambling...

[Product placement]

Remember that trip to the mall that Sheri and I took on Sunday? And those B&BW products we added to our collections. Well Sheri told me about a this scent that she absolutely loves and if you know me, you know that I don't stand a chance against peer pressure. I didn't want to buy the whole kit 'n kaboodle in case I didn't like the scent, so I just bought a little gift set with mini sizes of moisture wash, hand lotion, and roll-on perfume. Let me tell you I can't get enough of this stuff! I'm going to go back and buy the regular sizes and you should too! Apparently they don't make the roll-on perfume in anything but the gift sets because I don't see it on the website, but it's to die for! It has permanent residence in my purse along with the lotion. I hope no one walks by my cube at work as I'm sniffing my wrists and hands, wouldn't want them to think I belong in the looney bin or anything!

[Birthday festivities ]

Besides the previously mentioned birthday activities, I also went to have dinner and dessert with my parents. I went armed with my camera hoping to get some cute shots, and I certainly came through. Let the pictures begin...

Since I'm a last minute daugher and I always say that I don't want to do anything for my birthday, you can imagine the problems my poor mother endures. I just wanted to go out to a nice dinner together. So when she calls asking what kind of cake I want and mentions a few different options...including the ever famous ice cream cake or a big chocolate chip cookie cake, I decided to go for the cookie cake this year. However, the mall she and my dad went to didn't have one of the cookie places, and the next best store didn't have a birthday one. Instead, I got double holidays - my birthday and Halloween, lol. Worked for me, and no melting in my car to get it home.


That is my mom caught in the act after she swiped black icing off the cookie...
with the cake knife I might add...gorgeous.


Crazy younger brother who's a model at heart. :)


Rob has taught the cat how to play hide-and-seek, and I had to take a picture of it. To play the game, Rob peeks out from around a corner, looks at the cat and then hides again (like his pose above). He repeats this process a few times until the cat dashes around the corner to find him. I had to laugh my behind off at this, considering I didn't think you could teach a cat to do squat! You can be sure this photo will show up in a layout!


The birthday girl...


There she is again...


The happy siblings.
Of course Rob couldn't put down his mega combo bag of sour patch kids and swedish fish.


Got Rob to put down the superstar glasses and jumbo bag of candy to pose with his favorite sister. He used to be shorter than me, where did I go wrong?

I didn't get any pictures of my dad, so that's the goal for next time. And yes, Rob has leftover eyeliner on in the last picture from a show the night before. Overall, the day was good fun and I even got some jammies from my mom, I believe they were this set here.


[Other rambles]

I think I might be bringing my friend Mandy over to the blogger side of the world. She has a xanga, but I think she can do much better (she does too, hehe). We'll see how that goes. I've wanted to switch to the new beta, but my current template won't work because it's so specialized. I'd have to start from scratch on the template. Anyone else on the beta yet?

I know a couple people already, but anyone else watching the Bachelor? OH, how funny they all want to be princesses, especially Miss Timeline girl whose timeline for marriage is working out perfectly! I thought they'd bring Erica back for more than just voting. At least that's what the preview seemed like... like they've done in other seasons bringing the one psycho girl back. Oh well, I like the girls he gave roses to first for hometown dates, so I'm excited to see next week's show. Of course they had to show the dad who brings out the gun upon meeting him for the first time!

Well I'm off. Enjoy Tuesday and your hump day!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP