Saturday, October 21, 2006

A few of my favorite things...

I don't promise a short entry so be warned. Have you known anything different from me and my once-a-month entries? I have a ton of recent pictures and perhaps a layout.

My favorite things in no particular order...

>> Dan - definitely at the top of my 'no-particular-order' list. Mmmmm, what a yummy and totally sweet man. I can't get enough of him. More on him later...


>> I'm sure this wasn't a safe thing to do while I was driving, but do you see that little gas light on in the lower corner? And the needle teetering toward E? Well I do, and I'm happy to say that I haven't filled my tank in probably two weeks. If I didn't have anywhere to go this weekend, I could easily make it to work and back a few more times before filling up. That excites me. I think Dan put it best, it takes longer for us to scrape the windows on a cold/snowy morning than it does to drive to work!


>> A few things here...one is the shelf that I made this past week. I can't take credit for the whole thing because I don't have a woodshop in my living room or anything, but Dan and I painted it, clear-coated it, and he put the hooks on it for me. If you're not in the know, Rye is my future last name...this is not a bread shelf with hooks on it. :)

>> The second item of interest is the centerpiece we put together. If you can see our olive accent wall in the background, the potpourri matches it and the table. Mmmm, decorating heaven. Also underneath that is our new table runner. Dare I say that it matches the potpourri too? Don't mind the mess on the table...


>> Next is a lamp that we bought shortly after move-in. I have to give Dan mad props on finding this while we were walking through Target. Click on it to make it larger...I have a Halloween bear on the top shelf, along with a tin of pinecones (remember those $1 tins at Target, I want more!), and a candle, pinecone, and Hallmark angel on the other shelves. This lamp makes me smile, and we've received several compliments!


>> Following my recent love for pinecones, I also stuck some in a tin in the bathroom. These are the pinecones that smell like cinnamon, so everytime you sit down near them or go to wash your hands it's a slice of cinnamon heaven. Pictured is also a piece of our new bathroom decor. We got this soap dispenser, along with a q-tip holder and toothbrush holder all in brushed silver...again, from Target.


>> This is another recent purchase because I needed a bigger purse. Can you guess where it's from? I love it when I find purses in black and brown because I don't have to switch purses every other day or worry that it looks bad with an outfit. That's just too much maintenance! In all of its black and brown glory, this satchel has room to spare and I carry my camera with me everywhere! (Hence pictures like my gas gauges).


>> I thought it fitting to take a picture of our pretty apartment door. Do you feel welcome when you look at it?...if not then I need to make some changes.



>> Probably my favorite wall is our bedroom accent wall...mudpie brown. :)


>> New side tables and lamps...we didn't have any night stands before!


>> My craft stuff that we stashed in one of the office closets...


>> And finally, gifts that I got this morning! I dropped Dan off at the airport yesterday and he's now landed in Mamelodi, South Africa! He and others from church are over there running network stuff and setting up about 90 computers that were donated. Our church built an AIDS hospice over there, among doing other things, and the computers will help the hospice, jobs, and education centers down there. I can't explain it half as well as he can, but you can check out the website for the project!


Anyway, while Dan is gone until the 31st he'll be missing Sweetest Day (today) and my birthday (tomorrow). Sneaky one that he is scheduled an email to be sent this morning...along with a sweet message...saying that since he couldn't be here there's something in his night stand for me. Well, what do you know? There was a card in the top drawer. Cue the tears now. The message in the card was adorable and said that he hid something under the bed. What? So I'm looking...nothing in the middle of the frame...looking...nothing in the first drawer or second drawer...look through to the other side and jackpot! As you can see, I got a cupcake holder that will be cute to hold treats, and a trick-or-treat bowl with candy! I can assure you that the candy will be gone by the time he gets back!

Also some of my favorite things, but not pictured, are the egg sandwich I made for lunch, my pez candy that's been devoured, and the ingredients I have to make cookies for my birthday. Making cookies for my own birthday? I know, but at work people bring in things for their own birthdays. Is that like tooting your own horn? :)

Oh, and before I forget, Dan and I had our engagement pictures done this past Wednesday! We chose our photographer last week and I'm really happy with our decision. I'll wait to see the pictures, but I don't think I have anything to worry about. We had so much fun on our shoot. We went to Miami Whitewater Forest and had some pictures by the lake and some in the woods. Our guy had us laughing the entire time! We even took some pictures on the swings and I'm hoping they turn out! I can't wait, we'll get the pictures on a CD or DVD and can print them however we want! EEEeeeekk!

Today I'm burning a Cranberry Chutney tart, jamming to music on the tv, will be cleaning a little and doing some laundry, and making my cookies. Ahhh...and I'm in love with all of the sunlight and breeze that pours into the windows! It's a great day so far! Now only if my honey was here...

I leave you with these layouts. The first was done last month with Holly's Fall Velvet kit exclusively for DST members, and the second is more recent. Check credits here, I'll have them uploaded later today!


0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP