Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's the daily things, really...

Things that I'm digging lately, in no particular order:

  • I thought I was in Heaven seeing the Martha Stewart line of crafts at Michael's... but now I'm hearing about her exclusive collection at Macy's. Mmmm, that white serving ware is making me DROOL just thinking about it.

  • Ali Edwards' Daily Something is really inspiring me right now, even though I won't be committing to it anytime soon. I love the idea of creating a little something everyday, even if it is just for 10 or 15 minutes and using simple products...just to get the stories out there. But that's not the way I create (maybe it should be?), I'm sloooooow and deliberative. Something to think about! Ali even gave away a "daily something" Photoshop brush or .png file, so go pick it up!

  • I've found a couple people making 101 in 1001 lists. What a concept! I saw on Elsie Flannigan's blog how she made a layout to do 24 things before she turns 25 in a few months. I'm also having a birthday in a couple months - we won't discuss my UPCOMING AGE - but I thought I could do a similar layout for the little goals that could be accomplished in two months. Until I saw the 101 in 1001. Choosing 101 things to accomplish is 1001 days. Pretty much the same, but allowing some longer term goals and things that can only be done in certain seasons, etc. Maybe I'll do both challenges? Who knows. I'm all about the lists and goals lately, but dallying around online and gaining inspiration is a MAJOR part of my vocab also. So maybe I need to make a list and be held accountable. What do you say? (Really, I just want a reason to use a blogger category because I'm too lame eclectic to have posts consisting of only one topic.)

  • I have a new artist on my repeat-until-it-dies playlist. This guy: Linus of Hollywood. Long story short (ha!) - there is a new show on Showtime called Californication with David Duchovny, and one of LoH's songs was on a promo. Got it? Dan was able to figure out who the artist was and find his myspace. Hopefully this guy can't tell how many times I've played the promo song The Girl I'll Never Have or another good one, Farewell to the King. I might have to buy them. Let's see if I can embed the youtube promo.


Other things lately:

At the end of July, I met up with Mandy, her mom, her future MIL, and future SIL to find her bridesmaids' dresses. We knocked out that task in about two hours flat, and found a very classy dress. And I think it'll have thick enough fabric and look awesome in her winter wedding. And who could argue when the dress is going to be a purplish wine color? ;)

Last weekend Dan and I went to visit Sheri and her hubby, Adam, in Columbus. We got to check out their first house, have dinner and ice cream (the latter at a very interesting house you can read about on her blog). We also played around in Photoshop while the boys played video games. Here's a photo I took while we were driving (as if you couldn't tell). I like that the clouds make it look like I'm picking my nose. Can you see me?

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you look behind me you'll see the lovely Ohio interstate 71 north - somewhere between the Red Bank and Kenwood Cincinnati areas. And always remember, objects in your mirror are closer than they appear..."



Today I went to a chiropractor for the first time in my life, and it was actually pretty enjoyable. Mainly a consultation, x-rays, and figuring out what the heck is WRONG WITH MY BACK! I've always had back pain, and since college I've endured a couple pinched/pulled things. Poor Dan was with me for the last one when I woke up one morning, turned my head to look across the room, and heard SNAP in my neck! Holy freaking PAIN, Batman! Actually, Dan wasn't there, but came home about 10 minutes later with me crying that I couldn't get out of bed. After many days of babying myself with drugs and using IcyHot (good thing I was off work for Christmas and New Year's), I could finally sit up and lay down on my own without piercing pain. Then I caught the flu for New Year's 2006, go ME!

Anyway, I have my next appointment with the very nice chiro lady on Monday during lunch. She thinks that there is a shift (?) on my left side, but will know more once she sees the x-rays. I don't know all the chiro lingo - I just know I have issues. Yeah, yeah...

Time to do something productive now that it's almost time for bed.

1 comments:

Sheri August 18, 2007 at 9:55 AM  

It sounds like you popped your next out of place back around the holidays. That's what happened to me last October. I was literally paralyzed and in excruciating pain.

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP