Thursday, August 23, 2007

Appointments, shopping, and lists - oh my!

Appointments

I had two adjustment appointments this week with my chiropractor. I got to see my x-rays and talk about a plan for the next 10 weeks. It seems I have a LOT of rotated vertebrae - lower/middle back rotated left and some upper back rotated right - fun. How the heck did that happen? I really like my doctor and her office, though, so I'm stoked about all the visits. [Sheri: remember "Today I'm feeling... STOKED..."] I was just there yesterday and have to go back Monday... "Didn't I just see you?" So, OUT with the back and neck aches!

Last Tuesday night, Dan and I went to a home buying seminar to learn more about the process. Dan already knew some of it, and I just sat and took it all in. I probably couldn't tell you a whole lot about it now, but Dan is the number cruncher and is figuring out different ways to work the system buy our FIRST house - possibly in the spring. Very exciting and scary at the same time.

On Wednesday after work I went to a new family doc in the area - NOT a big fan. I hadn't been to a doctor since last September, so in the meantime I was falling apart at my old age and had a lot of questions. Questions warrant listening and answers. If you count underlying (with some overlying) tones of judgment and a feeling of being rushed as ANSWERS, then she may be your gal. I'll give you her card! Or maybe it's just my imagination. She might be lucky enough to get a second chance in case I was just off my game that day - or she was off HER game - but for now I'm left with no answers to my questions until I make an appointment for blood work and go from there.

Shopping

I'm now ready to entertain! Since Dan and I registered at BB&B for our wedding (among other places), we got a coupon to save 10% off anything that wasn't purchased by guests. That was A LOT since we also registered at Target. No more explanation needed there. And the coupon was only good for three months past our wedding date, so we went SHOPPING! Here is a glimpse of our loot...

For our Christmas party last year, we had to borrow a lot of things from my mom, including divided servers for fruits and veggies. Now we have our own. I'm thinking we should have bought two...


And for our wedding we got a three-tiered serving thing with square plates that is AWESOME. If we don't want to use it as a tiered server, we can just use the plates alone for serving. Genius. This server is the same deal - from the same designer - we can use it tiered or just the bowls. We got several more things, including an ice bucket and plastic bag holder, but I haven't opened it all yet. I'm still trying to rationalize this spent CHUNK of change. Definitely would be fun to make our Christmas par-tay an annual thing, though. Raise your hands if you would attend! It wouldn't be an "apartment warming" or "bring an ornament" party because we have plenty of that now, but I promise it would be GOOD times.

I also bought some much needed dress pants at this place the other day because I had city cash to spend. I'm also second-guessing them because I'm in between sizes. I could wait and lose a little more weight to fit into the next size down... or hope that I can perfectly shrink two of the FOUR pairs I bought because they're cotton and will stretch out (almost fall off) as I wear them. The other two are mainly polyester and should be better. Sometimes I hate pants. I'll just wear skirts during the winter, how about that?

Okay, so who cares about my pants woes. I think the underlying reason I'm examining my purchases is because THIS is the next big buy Dan and I want to make. Mmmm, 10.1 megapixels of in-between-consumer-and-professional camera goodness. And it would be DARN good to have that puppy in my hands for the holidays. 'Nough said.

Lists

Yep, couldn't get by without mentioning some kind of LIST around here. I'm currently working on my 101 in 1001 list and will have it posted by September FIRST! I don't plan to fill it all up now because I'm sure that more fabulous goals will come to me in the future - I want to leave the possibilities wide open. OH, and how COOL is this?! Starting on 09.01.07 and adding 1001 days brings me to 05.28.10. If it wasn't a leap year in 2008, my 1001 days would be up on 05.27.10. May 27th, 2010...woah crazy. MAY 27TH - THREE years of the married life to celebrate. Soooo, I could start my 1001 days on August 31st and take advantage of TWO big milestones on 05.27.10. Or just have two good days in a row to celebrate. Decisions... Opinions?

Here's a cool thing I found the other day through the blog grapevine. August 26th (TOMORROW) starts a Holiday Grand Plan. The blog gives you printable lists and calendars for cleaning/tasks to accomplish EACH WEEK to bring you through to a more organized and prepped holiday. I think we could all use a little bit of that. Dan and I are going to tackle it and I'd love to have people to tackle it with us.

Oh my

Dan is gone all day throwing his friend's bachelor par-tay. Should be a fun day of ca-brew-ing and bar shenanigans for them. We made a t-shirt last night for the lucky bachelor to wear tonight - with a "honey-do list" of things he needs to complete at the bar. Mwa-haha. That reminds me I should see if my camera is around for charging, or if Mr. Best Man already took it.

As for me today, it's time to find a yummy lunch and complete the following...

  • make a map card for Mandy's wedding invites
  • work on the invitation for Dan's grandparents' surprise anniversary party
    (that's a mouthful)
  • come up with an invoice sheet for rye-designs.com
  • finish that layout of myself with some kind of journaling
  • listen to Craig and Linus on repeat while completing above tasks
Ah, and something that fits better into this list - I was offered another class to teach in November. ALL RIGHT! That means some extra cash, but also less time for doing holiday things. The class will run Thursday nights from November 15th to December 20th with Thanksgiving off. YIKES! HOPEfully the grand plan will help with that. Along with starting things earlier rather than procrastinating. Time to MOVE!

P.S. - do the storytelling bolds, CAPITALS, and italics annoy you? If so, I don't know if I would stop because they FUN and it's my blog, but don't be afraid to let me know. ;)

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP