Thursday, November 1, 2007

HELLOOO Thursday...

So good to see you again.

This past week has been very go-with-the-flow-ish. Last Saturday we made the most of our every-other-week date night, or day in this case. Not only had we been married for FIVE months, we also had a photo shoot with the Theil family and the crisp air and changing leaves decided to join us. The clouds and some sprinkles also wanted in on the party. We welcomed the clouds since they made for better photos, but the rain WAS NOT welcome - especially when we had to keep wiping/covering our dear camera. It didn't last long, thank goodness.

After the shoot, we had lunch and went to take in the atmosphere at Starbuck's. We were there the whole afternoon sipping the good stuff and working on our laptops. Dan launched a huge part of our website on Friday, so we were making final adjustments to that, uploading/working on photos, and whatever else. I have to give Dan MUCH THANKS and MAD PROPS for getting the site up so quickly. He's a computer wizard. I'm loving it so far - now I just need to get my butt in gear on finishing the design samples section.

Dinner rolled around and we were going to take home some Chipotle and watch a movie, but the smells of Don Pablos took over once we walked out of Starbuck's - and that was it. Full stomachs later, we went home to watch Evan Almighty. Good movie - though it was hard to watch Steve Carell in a "serious" role - haha.

Sunday we celebrated my birthday with my parents. Yummy lunch and cute gifts there.

Tuesday we had a delivery on our doorstep! It was a computer tower that Dan ordered last week with essentials to make it run since we already have keyboards, monitors, etc. Now we have some dual-core, 4 GB ram goodness that lets us do photo and video stuff (well, all stuff) MUCH faster than our little laptops would allow. More multitasking, here I come! Of course we won't say goodbye to the laptops since we can cart them around, but now I'm having trouble figuring out how much I want to leave on mine for working-on-the-go.

The Ricketts' photos can now be seen HERE! We went to Sharon Woods for their shoot and had a good time with them and their cute doggies. I think I can tell them apart now, and tell you which one's the girl, but don't quiz me on their names. Thanks for rolling with us and trying out some new things, guys, it was a lot of fun!

Even though Halloween was last night, it really didn't feel like it. Since we live in an apartment community (read: many buildings with a lot of stairs) and there are nice neighborhoods right down the street (read: expensive homes with no stairs), guess where the kids go? That's okay, though, I can live vicariously through Sheri and her Halloween decorations.

The weekend is full of promise - we have no obligations and anything can happen. Well, we have a happenin' party for all the volunteers at church tomorrow night, but other than that, nada. There's more photo editing to be done, other stuff dealing with photos, some laundry to put away, a lot of cleaning to do, and some fall decorating to replace spring stuff. Don't say it - I know it's halfway through fall already and I still have out my SPRING/SUMMER stuff. Ooops! Time got away from me. And I know I may as well just wait and put out Christmas decor... we'll see. As long as the spring things get put away!

Let's boogy - it's almost the weekend!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP