Thursday, November 22, 2007

Blessings + birthday...


...equals good times.

Happy Thanksgiving my american amigos. Hope yours is full of good food, good people, and good things to be thankful for. This is my first turkey day as a wife... our first turkey day as a married duo. There's a lot to be thankful for right there.

Tonight we're visiting with my family. Tomorrow we visit with Dan's family. Two big ole' days of goodness. Dan and my little brother are playing Wii as we speak. Meet Rob - who likes to eat - his birthday is today. The big 2-0. Boy do I feel OLD. Where does the time go? He sure has grown up to be one cool dude.

Since NO ONE played along to my invitation design guessing game last time (and Mandy couldn't participate because she already knew the answer), here's the dish. I made the swirls to look like half of Mickey's head. Do you see it? It's apparently a hidden Mickey, and that makes me a genius right? Although, it was so hidden the bride herself (the ultimate Disney fanatic) didn't even see it. So what does that make me? Maybe that little secret needs to be a part of my big Matron of Honor speech...

In older news - the surprise 50th anniversary party for Dan's grandparents last weekend was a success. In true hillbilly style, everyone was dressed up in their overalls, bandanas, and whatever else they could find. We even had a shotgun wedding for his grandparents to "renew their vows." They were so surprised showing up - even after they helped setup the night before with false impressions that the party was for someone else - that his grandma cried. There was a bluegrass band, and Rob rocked on the soundboard. Here are some photos right out of the camera. Life looks GRAND in 50mm...








Me with my parents - the numbers were for the "best dressed hillbilly" contest...






Dan with the "newlyweds"...



I realize that my striped sweater doesn't exactly scream HILLBILLY, but it was the closest I had. At least I threw in some pigtails for good measure. His grandparents won the best-dressed contest - as they should.

That's about it for tonight - relaxing and watching the boys play video games. I tried a few new recipes today that didn't all turn out as planned, but that's okay. Cook and learn. Tomorrow's another day to stuff my face.

Enjoy the turkey and blessings.

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP