Sunday, December 2, 2007

Weekend round-up...



It's Sunday night after a VERY productive (yet relaxing) weekend. Sounds like the best kind of weekend to me. Pictured is one of the album spreads I did for our wedding album during the last few days - love all of those pretty details. Reminds me of all the fun designing time and effort we put into the wedding, and how it all turned out better than we imagined. The final album will be 8.5x11 and I can't wait to put the final touches on these spreads and send them off to the print house.

Last weekend - after two days of family and food we took Saturday and Sunday to watch a couple movies, eat leftovers, and give our couch lots of attention. Such a nice change of pace.

Wednesday
- Sheri was rolling through town on her way back to Columbus and stopped to have dinner with us at Dewey's Pizza. Seems like we only get to see her for an hour at a time, so I'm looking forward to her birthday or sometime that we can hang out more. She had a chance to get her photographer feet wet this weekend with her aunt's wedding and I want to hear ALL about it! We also got to meet with the Ricketts crew to give them their photos and I'm glad they finally have those and other goodies to go through.

Thursday night we got out with another couple from work for a night at Shadowbox. Except for the guy sitting next to me who apparently slipped into a vat of his cologne before leaving the house, we had a great time. It was a hilarious show! They're doing their holiday stuff now, so the Christmas songs from the band were awesome.

This weekend - yesterday I worked on our wedding album while Dan took a domestic role in the house. He did all of the laundry AND dishes, vacuumed a little, and even PUT THE CLOTHES AWAY. What a great guy, I love that he did so much while I was working on things. Today I finished up the album pages except for a few last details, got some other things accomplished, and I'm ready to rock and roll on some more things throughout the week.

December looks mighty promising - I've pulled out my Christmas music (though we haven't pulled out the decorations yet) and I've been trying to think of those perfect gifts for everyone. Parents will be getting a wedding album and HOPEFULLY a wedding video - they don't read this so I should be safe saying that. Not sure yet for the siblings and other relatives. Maybe we should figure that out pronto.

Okay, I'm BORING myself here, let's move onto something a tad more interesting - a weight loss challenge between the hubby and I. For the record, I'm all fine and dandy with myself and I've only gained three pounds since my wedding weight loss (yay!)... but I would like to lose those pounds that have collected right at my stomach and also start exercising before those three pounds turn into THIRTEEN. Dan also wants to lose weight since he gained a lot back after the wedding, and have someone to make him exercise (and he thinks that I'm going to be an exercise motivator - HA!)

So here's the scoop - at the end of two months (maybe three) we're going to see who's lost the biggest percentage of weight. THAT PERSON will win a prize of their liking, yet to be determined. So far we can only come up with things that the other would want too, so that doesn't help. I lost weight pretty easily before the wedding, but my biggest downfall is SWEETS! You can take away all of my food and stick me with rice cakes and water, but take away my chocolate and someone will get hurt. Call me crazy - I do.

Hopefully tomorrow we'll make a trip to the grocery store and get some yummy healthy foods (not that we eat horribly now) in this place and begin this thing! More to come as we nail down some details.



Oh - notice a change in the old blogger? While I'm planning on losing some weight, it's gaining some girth. I want my photos to be larger so you don't have to squint to see what I post, and hopefully I'll get the look I'm going for. Happy for all sides.

Time to get some sleep!

0 comments:

Tweet Tweet

Search

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP