Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Numero cinco...


Our little Merry has been playing with this remaining piece of lighted garland. She likes to use it as a little fort for jumping out and tackling Urple, and I just happened to see her happily wrapped in it last night. Her nickname is little face because we've always noticed her face (and nose/mouth in particular) are smaller than her sister's. She just has the CUTEST little face. Everytime we hear that Old Navy commercial with the new song that says "All it takes... is a little faith..." we are sure it says little face (not faith). Merry's most recent cute thing to do is call me from around the apartment. She's called me "mama" for a while now, but she'll be moseying through the apartment while I'm in the office and she'll call out ma-MA! She'll do it a few times until I answer back... and she comes right into the office and looks at me like we're having a conversation. I wish I could get it on tape/camera/something. There have also been a couple times when I've left and Dan is here with the kitties - Merry has laid in the middle of the living room floor and said "ma-MA?" When Dan says, "Mama's not here, Merry" she'll let out a crying meow. Too precious.

Am I really only at five of sixteen? Goodness. Here's a random useless fact - in pulling these pictures for today, I noticed that our camera has taken ALMOST 4,000 PICTURES! We've only had it since mid-September, so three months. That's a crazy amount in that amount of time.

My five-day work week has turned into four after I took off sick today. The reason for my grumpiness the other night was partly because I wasn't feeling 100%, and it just got worse with my throat and congestion, so I got into the doctor first thing today. In fact, the same doctor that I wasn't too sure about the first time - and this time she wasn't bad at all. It was quite an interesting appointment, too, because the power went out for most of the main road here. Our power at home didn't go out, but it was back on everywhere else by the time I got back from getting my drugs at Walgreens anyway. At least the traffic lights were working again, so I assumed the power was back. There's some work being done for a new little shopping center, so that could've been the cause of the black-out, not sure.

The only bad thing about my appointment was waiting beforehand. A man and his wife walked in, checked in, and sat right across from me. No big deal, except that the woman looked terribly sick and was holding one of those little plastic puke buckets. Ugh, for anyone that knows me you can imagine that I was on the edge of my seat just eying that woman hoping she wasn't going to use that little plastic thing. At one point, she sat up and I thought she might get sick, so I just walked out the front door to get some air and wait for things to be all clear. Really... would she have used it in front of other people, or would she have walked 20 feet to the bathroom? Thank goodness I'll never know. Yuck. I was singing my praises with my raspy voice when my name was called.



Since I've been talking about packaging so much, I thought I would post a couple shots. Above are the two deliveries we made last week, with one of the card orders sitting out. Those were Christmas cards for one of my brothers and his family. I created the wrap for our gift bags - which house some white tissue paper - along with the wrap that goes around the products. I don't know about you, but I love getting and giving gifts, so this packaging is really cool to me. It's like opening a gift. We're sticking with the brown kraft bags and other kraft products for a natural look, then the white labels and wraps. Very simple and clean.

Below is the order of DVD slideshows I mentioned at some point. We happened to have these little AOL CD boxes around that they used to mail out (one thing that has been positive from Dan's pack-rattiness). We pulled the labels off of them to expose this awesome wooden box that we sanded and labeled. If anyone remembers when I did Rhonna Farrer's 21-day challenge to create a habit, I used one of these little boxes for my mini album. I don't know if we can find anymore of them because I haven't looked - I know you can get the metal ones and those may be easier for us in the end. I do like the way these match our kraft packaging, though, so I might have to look around.



Tonight - my energy is up since I've drugged up and relaxed today. I made my canvases last night and I need to take a picture of them. They turned out okay, but not as good as I imagined because the canvas wasn't supported with wood in the middle and was hard to iron. I need to decorate some monogram letters I got for the two nieces, and continue making those little gift tags. Busy, busy, and crafty. We found out that our print order is shipping today and will be here on Friday. We apparently misunderstood how backed up the print house was. Wowsers, so we'll have to work quick to get that 20x30 matted and framed once it comes in. Still pretty calm over here, though...I think. :)

I also found out some AWESOME news today, but I'll leave that for tomorrow's post.

Dan's home now and it's time to giddy-up.

1 comments:

Anonymous December 20, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

I love it when the animals talk, or at least we think they talk! I sometimes think Nancy says Mama and Chris thinks i'm nuts! At least Dan hears Merry too! lol. I also got your holiday card, two cute little kids....

Tweet Tweet

Search

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP