Saturday, December 29, 2007

ONE HUNDRED...

...(as I shout over the hills like the Sound of Music.)

Hello post number 100. It's taken me a long time, but I'm glad to finally get here. Two years and a week to be almost exact. I can only hope that in another two years + one week I will be past post number 200 - my goodness. That would be January of 2010 and still in the time frame of my 101 in 1001 list. I sense another crazy goal in my future.


Today wasn't as good as yesterday when it came to the butt-kicking factor, but it still ranked up there to be a pretty good day. Dan took a nap in the afternoon and had to do some web work after that, so we didn't get to run our errands. I did, however, run to Chipotle to get us dinner, and to the store to pick up a few groceries and yum things to drown in chocolate. After dinner we rigged up the fountain and gave it a whirl. Mmmmm, if it wasn't so much work to clean the darn thing afterwards, I would use it after every meal (somehow I don't think that would help in the calorie department, so I'm glad that cleaning is a deterrent for me). But if you're looking to swim in chocolate up to your elbows while you clean off the chocolaty parts, then it's quite fun. Dan suggested we take it to a couple parties we have coming up, so we might have to do that to use the leftover chocolate we have.


While we were melting the chocolate and getting things ready, we thought our new neighbors upstairs might be trapeze artists or dance-dance-revolution masters because their bass and jumping was insane. Dan went up there like the college resident adviser he used to be and got them to quiet down. Now I feel old admitting that. Turns out they were having a party and dancing to that "one hop now, y'all... cha-cha now..." song. Before that song, though, I could tell their beat was the booty call song, so I had that in my head all night.

We also watched the Simpson's movie which was funny. Now I can't get "spider pig, spider pig..." song out of my head. And who knew that, like, five people do all the voices for the characters on that show?

Tomorrow's Saturday and one step closer to going back to work after the new year. That's a yuck in my book. It is a new day and a chance to enjoy it, and get more things done while I have the extra time, though, and that's a big yippee to balance out the yuck.

It's quite late for this night owl, and time to catch some sleep.
Enjoy the heck out of your Saturday.

1 comments:

Sheri December 30, 2007 at 10:08 PM  

Hey! I can't keep up with your 'post-a-day'!! I love seeing all the pictures. Love the chocolate fountain - I imagine it's a mess to clean up, but it brings back memories of the fountain at your wedding. :) We need to get together soon - I have Christmas presents for you! Email me sometime....
Sheri

Tweet Tweet

Search

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP