Friday, December 14, 2007

So far, so good...


Okay, so I'm one of sixteen on my final 16 posts for the year. Yippee! This is Mandy and me after her shower in November. Man my hair has gotten long. Reminds me that I'm due for a trim and re-highlighting. If you want to read more about Mandy's shower, read a few posts down on her blog. There's a photo of me and my car on there with a funny story. Never a dull moment over there. Her wedding is a month and a half away... time and to-do lists are ticking!

Speaking of Mandy, here is a little question-tag thing that she had on her blog also... a good way to use up some posting space.

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Hmmm... December of 1997 I was newly 16 years old. I was probably ready for Christmas break and anticipating my driver's test on the day after Christmas - which I passed on the first time. My parents bought me a used car after I passed and got my license. I wore baggy/alternative clothes, had a fetish with the color black, was into hanging out in an alley behind a coffee shop (that provided us a couch), and watching the skater boys and band guys do their thang.

2. What were you doing 5 years ago?
December of 2002 I was in my third year of college and 21 years old. I was living with Tiffani and Dawn for the second year, along with a new girl named Wendy that was assigned to our quad apartment. Not the wisest decision to live with Tiffani another year (or Wendy for that matter), but I digress. Mandy only lived two apartments down from me, so we would hang out all the time and watch The Kangs, and eat at B-dubs where we would have one drink and walk out tipsy. She was able to help me through a lot that school year, and I was able to throw her a surprise 21st party. I was also working at the bagel place, and enjoying lots of money while working the month-long Christmas break.

3. What were you doing 1 year ago?
December of 2006 I was 25 years old, engaged to Dan, and planning a wedding. We moved into our new apartment in October, and had a tree-trimming apartment warming party at the beginning of December. The save-the-dates were already out, I had already found my dress, and we were getting ready for a nice week off of work and juggling the families for the holiday. Dan also adopted our kitty babies around this time as my Christmas present - awwwwww.

4. What did you do yesterday?
Yesterday I worked my full time job during the day, and came home to work on business stuff. Dan wasn't home so I made an easy dinner for myself, read some blogs, added to my own blog, and worked on some packaging and branding. Oh, and printed my iron-ons for a gift.

5. Snack I enjoy.
Am I only limited to one here? I love snacks - hence the weight loss challenge Dan and I have going right now. Anything chocolate is good in my book, those new flavored rice crisps are good, and every now and then I like some cashews or honey roasted peanuts (or mixed nuts).

6. Things I would do with $100 Billion Dollars.
I would probably give some to my parents/family and in-laws, build our dream house and buy a new car, buy whatever Dan wants/needs, see who/what else needs to be blessed, start college fund for future kid(s) because it'll cost multiple body parts by the time that rolls around, save the rest in a nice interest yielding account and play it by ear. Although, there are some restaurants Dan and I would like to have around... maybe we'd start a franchise, ha!

7. Locations I would run to:
Starbucks? Not sure about this question... don't think I would run anywhere, though. Maybe a brisk walk, but not a run.

8. Bad habit I have:
Taking too long to analyze things, and inability to make decisions - these pretty much go together. I also like to have certain things certain ways. That just makes me sound like a bucket of fun.

9. Things I like to do:
Make lists, be creative, take photos, have date nights with Dan, play with our kitties, sit on a comfy couch at church and read, etc., etc.

10. Biggest joy of the moment:
That I really don't have much to do tonight other than spend time with Dan, clean, and decorate. And we just ordered a couple 8x10 photos for Christmas presents - easy peasy and cheap.

With that said... in true BOOYAH style, if you've read this and want to do it too then you are tagged. I'm off to spend some time with my awesome hubby and get some things cleaned.

0 comments:

Tweet Tweet

Search

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP