Saturday, December 22, 2007

Just a small bit...

...because I'm still sick and today has been a long day for me. Scratchy throat, congested then runny nose, wanting to cough all the time, and just not fun. This is #8, though, and I'm still rolling along.

Today at noon we went to the annual Christmas party for my father-in-law's side of the family. I don't think we've seen most of them since our wedding, so that was nice. The pot luck lunch was also delicious with all sorts of food. We were able to pass out more of our greeting cards, and received a nice stack as well.

Afterwards we went to Dan's parents' house to exchange gifts with them and his grandparents. Dan got a free trampoline for his little brothers, so they had to be distracted while he put it together in the yard. When he was done, the boys had to close their eyes and walk out in the yard - they opened their eyes and saw the surprise. They loved it and we all took a turn jumping.

While we were going back inside, Dan told me to take his brothers into his mom's office and keep them there until he got all the gifts inside. Once placed, we walked out of the office to see a surprise for ME instead of them. While Dan had gone out to his parents without me lately, he had been making us a custom headboard and floor mirror. Boy was I surprised! They look awesome, and Dan has already given them a home in our bedroom. I'll have to show pictures when I'm not so tired.

Dan's parents and grandparents loved their gifts from us. We gave his parents one of the wedding albums I designed and his mom got chills from it. His grandparents cried upon opening the 20x30 custom framed picture of the cabin Dan put together for them. The matting and framing he had done yesterday looked amazing with the picture, and I'm really glad we could give such a touching gift.

There were other gifts exchanged also, but I may talk about those later. Right now we have Dan's little brothers spending the night at our apartment (playing video games) and I'm going to get ready for bed. I'll be sleeping with a cool new headboard above me tonight, and sleeping in as long as I want tomorrow.

Nobody wake me. I need to sleep off this plague.
Goodnight.

0 comments:

Tweet Tweet

Search

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP