Friday, December 21, 2007

The printer has landed...

I REPEAT - THE PRINTER HAS LANDED.

We picked up three packages from the office today. When we're not here, UPS drops them off there instead. One was some more printable DVD's we ordered, another was our print order (finally), and the last was OUR PRINTER! It's so flipping HUGE that the office couldn't even put it in their package closet, they had it sitting out when we went to pick it up at lunch. If I worked in the office I might be so inclined to take something like that home with me... and say it never arrived. Hehe. Dan started putting it together and setting it up at lunch while I had to go back to work. He stayed home the rest of the afternoon so he could get our 20x30 matted at Hobby Lobby, and run a couple other errands.

Tonight we went to see a show/play at church called Awaited. Both sets of parents + my younger brother + Dan's grandparents came to see it. The show was PACKED. It was different than Dan and I thought it was going to be, and shorter, but still pretty good. Something like 25,000 people are going to see this show across the multiple times it's scheduled. Our auditorium sits 3,500 people on three levels, so there's a math problem for you.

Here's our lineup of holiday visits starting tomorrow... remember I said that I would have SO MUCH TIME during my time off to do whatever I wanted? Now that everyone's pulling us in 10 different directions, that was all an illusion.

  • Saturday - Christmas party for FIL's side of the family in the afternoon; going to exchange gifts with Dan's parents, little brothers, and grandparents afterwards
  • Sunday night - one of our friends is having a Christmas party while other friends are in town (this one is still in the air for me)
  • Monday night - Christmas Eve with my parents and younger brother
  • Tuesday - Christmas day with Dan's family (when some aunts, uncles, and cousins visit)
  • Wednesday - possible get-together with one older brother and his family
My parents will have their 30th wedding anniversary on Christmas Eve and I was really trying to get all of my brothers together for a party or dinner sometime, but from the look of my schedule (and theirs being much the same along with other issues), it looks like my idea has flopped. I'm mucho bummed that it's so hard for us all to get together.

I think it's going to be a short one tonight. It's almost 10p and I'm excited to get our new printer networked and tested. Then, it's onto tying up the loose ends we have around here - like my craft projects, some wrapping, and getting some sleep.

Tomorrow is a long day, y'all. I need to carry the Christmas spirit from tonight's show with me the next few days. We're listening to a CD of tonight's show music and it's a darn good start.

Number seven and still rolling along...

0 comments:

Tweet Tweet

Search

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP