Thursday, March 30, 2006

A new challenge?

Yeah, yeah, I know. I can't even keep up with the challenges I already have, but I figured if I don't do it now, when will I? It's the perfect time to create/change some habits and I'm taking on...
...to do it in 21 days! I've been reading some other blogs lately and getting a lot of inspiration from other takes on this challenge, and I originally wanted to lift Teresa's idea of keeping in contact with my friends more. After I told Dan my idea, he said I should try to make a habit of working out and there it was! Like I said, it's the perfect time - we've been wanting to work out for months and haven't had the motivation! We're wasting money on gym memberships (and tanning for me) and we're going on our vacation in May. If I want to stop wasting my money and look half decent in cute clothes for spring and summer...not to mention if I want to FIT into half of my clothes from LAST summer...then it's time to get on the ball! I'm so pumped about this, and we already worked out last night for a half hour! Granted, I guess that was a little too long for me because I almost fell down when I went to get off the machine, lol, but I'm pumped! I would've tanned last night too, but it was already closed by the time we got to the gym.

So, I'm a few days late obviously, since my {day 2} is today while it's {day 4} for everyone else, but that's okay. I decided to alter one of those AOL CD boxes they used to give out in the mail... per inspiration from DAN, can you believe it? He's becoming my altering idea guru! I used a bunch of Holly's digital stuff to make the cover in PS, printed it out, used the original AOL box sticker as a template, glued the cover on, sanded the edges a little, and viola! I'm going to make a book out of it with my different layouts for each day, gluing them to an accordion-ed piece of vellum so they'll stay put, if that makes any sense.

[THE OUTSIDE]


Paper and tag from Holly's "Memory" kit; numbers, brackets, and circle stitches from her "Spring in St. Louis" kit; staples from Kim Christensen's "Mellow" freebie; and font is Dirty Ego.

[THE INSIDE]



I'll probably do something on the left side, maybe some kind of "enjoy the process" thing. The right side will have my little book of motivation and daily challenge thoughts. Each layout will be 4-3/4 inches square, how small! And it'll be right on my desk everyday! :)

In other topics, I can't believe it's Thursday already! Our roommate, Geoff, has one of his friends in town so we've been eating out every night and we went to see V for Vendetta on Tuesday, which was really good. Not much else is happening...not sure what's going on tonight, teaching tomorrow, and right now my lazy butt needs to get in the shower.

Happy Thursday!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP