Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It's a new week now...

...and a new quarter!

HOUSEKEEPING
I still have some loose ends to tie up from last week's blogging about mom and gramma. Mom was fine and back at work by last Monday. Turns out that she has been on high blood-pressure medicine for a long time, but now that she's lost a lot of weight on her diet, she doesn't need it anymore. It caused her heart to slow down too much, and that's why she collapsed. Gramma also got to go home last Thursday. She has a nurse visiting something like three times a week to continue physical therapy. So, all is well!

NEW STUFF
I can officially say that I've gotten up around 7:30 A-M! every weekday since last Thursday. If you know me, you should be darn shocked right now! Even on my days off, like today, Dan's been getting me up before he leaves for work with a fresh pot of coffee and sometimes a waffle or two. It's nice seeing him off to work, then having the whole morning to watch a little tv, read blogs and online stuff, and do whatever I need to do. Of course now that it's 10:45 it doesn't really feel like I've been up all morning...like where did the time go? It was tempting to sleep in this morning in a warm, comfy bed, but I'm glad I'm sticking to this routine.

Last Friday I went to get my hair trimmed, and I got a bit of style change. It was sooooo relaxing at the salon, and I'm really liking my new 'do. I guess I need a picture of it sometime soon before it grows out again. I didn't go for the highlights like I was thinking, but I might do them before Dan and I go on our trip in May. It's a surprise trip for me, otherwise I'd give you details, hehe.

Yesterday was the first day of spring quarter, which meant three new sections to teach with 60 all-new students. I walked into my first section, the 11:00, to four familiar faces. Holy cow! I was expecting one familiar face all day, maybe two, but not four! Hopefully they don't slack off since they know the material already. Let's see if they can pass this time! That class was actually really upbeat, some funny people there, so that'll be good first thing in the morning. My 11:00 last quarter was dullsville. My 12:00 was okay, not too thrilled or upbeat, but I hope to change that. The 1:00 was kinda in-between...not as fun as the 11, but not as dull as the 12.

Yesterday was also 10 months for my cutie and me. It's more like 10 months going on 5 years...but that's a different story for a different day! We went out to dinner last night for the occasion, at a really good place called Porkopolis with awesome ribs. It was a cool restaurant ...used to be a pottery place/restaurant, so we checked out some pottery too. We tried to take a picture of ourselves with the city behind, but it was too dark and starting to rain, so that's also for another day.

After dinner we ended up doing a little shopping, first at Old Navy, then at NY&Co. since I remembered reading about their big sale on Gina's blog yesterday. Dan found a few cute shirts, and helped pick out some things for me to try on. There were two shirts that I really liked...he really liked too *wink, wink*...and because he's such a sweetie he bought them for me! I don't have pictures, but one is a green, button-down, fitted dress shirt that Dan picked out, and the other is a patterned, brown flowy shirt...otherwise known by me as a pregnant shirt because it's loose and doesn't form to my chub stomach. Gym anyone?

Oh, and I almost forgot...I had lunch with my mom last Saturday and she wanted to go to the Gap for new jeans now that she's lost weight. She bought me a few shirts also...so I think I'm shirted up for a while. And I know I just said that I don't have pictures, but the overachiever in me just had to take some really quick!





Cute huh?

I also scrapped some since last week. Two of the layouts are up in TDC's gallery using Holly and Kimberly's new Family Moments collab kit and Holly's new Spring in St. Louis kit. The third layout isn't up in galleries yet, which I should do, but I had started it a little while back and just finished it this weekend. Check them out!

My crazy brothers and I at Christmas last year, and Rob with some really shaggy hair...
[SIBLINGS]


Credits:
Kit - Fabulous "Family Moments" by Holly McCaig and Kimberly Giarrusso
Staples - Kim Christensen
Stamp alpha - Kim Lund
Straight Stitch - Kathy Moore
Fonts - Susie's Hand


Me at 9 years old, a little cheerleader!
[LITTLE COBRAS]


Credits:
Kit - Holly McCaig's ultra-fresh "Spring in St. Louis"
Torn paper action - Atomic Cupcake
Staple - Kim Christensen
Fonts - Fontastic and House Sitter's Club


The pajamas Dan got me for... you guessed it ...
[VALENTINE PAJAMAS]


Credits:
Kit - Holly's "Snow Day" pulled from the archives
Torn receipt paper - Gina Miller
Stamp alpha - Rebecca DiGrazio
Staples - Kim Christensen
Font - PT Script Lightning


I think that's it for today. I can't believe it's noon already! Time to hop in the shower and try to work on my paper some, and wait for my screwy college to decide whether I can have funding and health insurance or not...argh!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP