Friday, February 8, 2008

I'm pleased to introduce...

...the outside of OUR NEW HOUSE!


Say hello to Dan's car while you're at it. Boy are we SUPER STOKED to close on our SUPER DUPER house. Let me say SUPER just a few more times for good measure. We went over yesterday to get shots with the last available sunlight, and ended up losing the light while talking to a neighbor in our cul-de-sac. She absolutely loves the neighborhood, and I think we will too. Her house is actually the reverse of ours inside (totally different outside), so it was cool to see how she laid out her furniture. That's when I became really excited - because our house was a foreclosure and didn't have ANYTHING in it to give an idea of the true space.


After our offer was accepted on Monday, we locked in our loan interest rate by Wednesday and were almost instantly approved. We received our loan paperwork yesterday, and had it signed and sent on its way today after pictures and lunch. So many things bouncing around during one week's time. Dan's looking to close by the 29th of this month - so we'll have a whole month to paint + do what we need to do + move stuff in gradually before we have to move out of our apartment on March 29th. We'll see if that plays out. Wow. Wow. Wow. I simply cannot wait. I've been looking at rooms and paint colors online, and bought a few magazines last night for room and storage ideas.


Random fact: when we move into the house, it'll be the first time I've ever had my own garage spot. I'm especially stoked for that. My little car is especially stoked for that. I'm also looking forward to my monster walk-in pantry, laundry room, jacuzzi tub, and so many other things in this house. Dan, of course, is looking forward to finally having a garage and a place for tools and building things. He can build and fix ALL he wants.


Okay...LOOK what we saw when we pulled up to take pictures today. Yesterday = FOR SALE. Today = SOLD. That's awesome.

For the rest of the night - laundry, a little cleaning, and a little packing with Dan. His little brothers are here with their faces glued to video games for the night, so it may end up to be a game in itself to clean and pack a few little things around them.

We don't have any plans tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. And I'm off!

3 comments:

Michelle February 8, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

CONGRATS you two!!!!!
What a gorgeous house! Can't wait to see the inside! :)

Anonymous February 8, 2008 at 11:01 PM  

Wow, just look at that place! Congratulations!! :)

Sheri February 9, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

Yay for new houses... trust me, if you close this month, you will not take a month to paint and "slowly" move in. You will want to sleep there the first night you have posession!! It's true...

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP