Saturday, February 16, 2008

Operation inspiration...


Happy week o' love. Do you see the names of those two paints in focus? Hehe.

Did you know that I married one fabulous guy? It would take some time to list all of his great qualities, but I will give you this one: he's a fellow list maker. We're both making all sorts of lists for this home-buying process.

Last week I made a list of every room in our apartment, listed the major things that need to be packed and cleaned in each room, and also divided up the apartment into zones. Different zones will be the focus each week until we move, and I've duly noted the things in each zone that can only be done upon move-out. And before you say that I'm going overboard, if I don't have this kind of direction and time line the packing won't get done. We'll be reliving the craziness of our last move - when we had THREE MONTHS and left the majority of stuff until the very last week. Not happening again.

There are basically six weeks until operation move-out when we have to be completely out of our apartment. YIKES. Even though Sheri says (from wise experience) that we'll want to stay at the new house as soon as we get possession, and I'm not one to argue with experience on big, exciting things like this, there is at least ONE thing we need to do before we can spend the night in our rockin' new house: de-winterizing. I don't think the neighbors would be too keen on accepting a new way of fertilizing our yard until we get the plumbing in order. So that's one thing on the list of to-dos once our closing happens.

While they aren't in list form, I've also been creating some inspiration boards for the rooms. I am in love with this paint line, but not with the price, so I need to see if I can find similar colors or order a fan deck to have the colors matched. Here are some inspiring things I've found online lately.


  1. I'm really digging the photos over a window sill or door frame.
  2. That's a whole lot of frames and stuff on shelves, but I sure do like it.
  3. More staggered stuff on shelves. Can you tell I like shelves?
  4. I think I want an inspiration wire in the new office. Not sure where I found that photo.
  5. While this bathroom would be amazing, I manly want the wall color for our bedroom/bathroom. It would go great with the dark brown furniture we have.
  6. We have an entertainment center similar to this, but in black with glass cabinet doors. Dan assures me that ours can look as good as the one above once the speakers and crap aren't sitting on top, and the video games are removed from the shelves. Here's hoping.
  7. The most I've ever put on top of our toilet is a candle. I really like the look of more things. Can't remember where I got this photo either.
Wednesday - Sheri was rolling through town and Dan and I had planned to go take measurements and more pictures of the house (somehow we didn't have enough), so she stopped by and we gave her the royal tour. It was weird to show her with nothing in it, but quite fun...made me even more excited to get in there already. We had Cheddar's for dinner and came back to the apartment to watch American Idol. I'm going to miss the little guy that lived in his car - I really liked his piano performance and unique voice. Then, Sheri made us watch Ghost Hunters International... crazy Sheri and her ghost shows. ;)

Loveday - After work Dan and I had a list of things to do together that included shopping for a refrigerator, getting paint chips, stopping at Hobby Lobby, and having dinner. It was nice just to spend time together - doing things that we were excited for. We didn't find a fridge yet, but got to take in all the different options and prices.

Today - is completely open for the taking. Let's see what all I can get done.

Since a bunch of people have been asking us for more house photos, hopefully this will satisfy the curious - check out a sneak peek of THE INSIDE. And a friendly warning - the previous owners liked blue and other bright colors.

Time to fix some brunch with the hubs and make this Saturday good!

1 comments:

Mandy February 18, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

Love the house so far. They did have a "blue" problem didn't they? But it's still cute and i'm sure after you make it yours it will be even better!

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP