Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wow...


Last weekend - chalk it up to another one out and about. Saturday we had a list of to-dos to take care of, which included Dan setting up computers for a client and me looking for new glasses (unsuccessful), along with finding food and seeing the Super Bowl service at church (very funny). Sunday we continued with our new little habit of alternating Sundays between parents. We used to only see mine every other Sunday for a few hours and then fit in visits with Dan's whenever we could because they normally take longer (with double/triple the family members and little brothers that want video game time with big brother). Now we are trying to make it more fair and I'm missing what used to be some fairly free Sundays.

So while we've been balancing up the last month with more friend and family time, more getting out of the apartment, and just more - which was my goal to get out of my computer chair more - Dan's happy with all the extra socializing but I've been very uncreative, unproductive, and working up an unexpected meltdown that erupted Sunday morning. What can I say...I'm an introvert. I like my "me" time and being at home. Maybe I'll get used to these full weekends and varying activities eventually, and be able to take advantage of my weeknights again instead of aimlessly perusing the internet, uploading my photos, doing the dishes, and plopping on the couch...or I'll just go postal. We'll see.

I was optimistic on Monday. I felt good - until 4:00 when I was tired from a long day and ready to bulldoze whatever was in my way. I had just finished talking to someone at work about an issue when Dan came up to me and said "They accepted our offer." With my head in a fog he had to repeat himself a couple of times while I protested in disbelief, "No they didn't."

THEY.
ACCEPTED.
OUR.
OFFER.


By the time I actually believed what he was saying, I wasn't going to scream at work, although that may have been a funny scene. I was in shock almost as much as I was at our engagement, when I had my jaw on the ground for about five minutes before realizing I was supposed to give an answer to, "Will you marry me?"

Holy cow. They really accepted our offer. Dan called our realtor when we got home from work, and found out there was actually only ONE other offer placed (the second one must not have been placed). The other offer was higher than ours, BUT they tried to make changes to the contract and that was a no-no. THE HOUSE IS OURS! I still can't believe it. I keep looking at the listing online and drooling. Not sure yet when we close on the house, but it will be within 45 days - before the end of March. Time to start packing...and looking for a fridge to match the other appliances.

Thank you so much for your thoughts.

Today - I'm still in shock that within 45 days we'll be painting and making the house our own. Dan has some work to do tonight, so I'll be seeing what I can get done as well. I have our website invitation samples on my mind, and I want to get them done. I have about a week's worth of daily photos to download from the camera and post on flickr. And I have a newly formed habit of creative block that I need to kick to the curb.

Let's roll Tuesday evening.

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP