Thursday, April 3, 2008

Changing seasons...


I love new seasons.  They have a way of bringing changes and new perspectives to jump start things when they seem to get boring - especially Spring.  We've definitely had our fill of changes and perspectives with this new season.  Just when we thought we had things figured out for a little bit...but we're rolling with it and I'm excited about what's to come.  

We moved (obviously) - We anticipated this change.  What we didn't anticipate was the true workload and tight schedule even with more than a month to make the transition. 

We got referrals
- We knew that we wouldn't have much time for clients.  Then we received a few referrals and didn't want to leave them hanging without a call at least...and calls led to other things.  The map card above is somewhat last minute because of time constraints and the fact that our computer stuff was in boxes!  It's in process right now.  If it weren't for that contact, though, we wouldn't have met a great woman who joyfully helped us paint our house.  (Interesting fact: remember the week of the Consumed journey where we had to borrow/trade/barter?  That was one of our trades - map cards for painting.)  Now that the desktop has been unpacked, we can focus some time on the people awaiting our services.

I accepted a new position at work
- Yes, this was the "news" I was mentioning.  Yet, I think almost everyone knows already.  I didn't see this coming at all.  For the last (almost) two years I've worked as a contractor.  No benefits, no vacation, not really the career I wanted, and the list continued.  I was okay with it because I'm on Dan's insurance, the company has been very generous with Christmases and the honeymoon, and I was waiting to see what opportunities would come along.  Then, this opportunity came along - in Marketing - with benefits, vacation, more money, something I have skills for and could really enjoy.  Now I wait until someone is brought in to take my place, and then start the learning curve of a very big change.  The hardest part?  My current department has relied on me and planned more responsibilities for the near future.  I'm so loyal it hurts, but I must move on to make ME happy.  Hopefully it works.   

Any other changes
- I think that's it.             

It's time to say GOODBYE to March, and HELLO to the days of April where Spring is just starting to peek through the Winter.  I wish it would peek a little faster.  "You say goodbye, and I say hello...hello, hello."  Where did March go again?  Oh, that's right, nevermind...

It would also be time to say hello to my new paint colors, but I've had this written for a couple days and was going to wait until I put the pictures together to post it, then ditched that idea because it would be a mile long.  I'm much closer, though.  Half of the photos are sitting open in Photoshop just begging to be resized and posted.

What I'm enjoying right now...

  • Taking it easy getting the house together.  Every box we empty and every area we clean is another step in creating our home.  "Every step you take...every move you make..."  I'm in a song mood today.
  • Last night I figured out what it's like to buy groceries, bring them home, and unload them through the garage door RIGHT INTO MY KITCHEN.
  • My walk-in pantry is stuffed with random things, but I was able to put FOOD in it last night along with a little organization. 
  • The phat cats are doing much better.  They're still scared by every noise, especially when we're not home, but they're reverting back to their attention-hogging selves every day.  They haven't seen the basement yet - not sure if that's a good idea. 
  • Stretching my creative muscles a little after they've been sitting for so long.  I thought sure they were tired of waiting, got up and left.
  • Oreo cookies and milk.
  • The cinnamon crumb cake mix I bought at the store to make muffins. 
Sheri's in town today and she's coming for a visit.  A feast at Cheddar's is required (unless we decide on something else).  Other than that, Thursday evening has GO WITH THE FLOW written all over it.

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP