Saturday, April 19, 2008

The earth quaketh...


Life around here lately consists of quite a routine. I've wanted to get into some kind of routine for a while, so this has been a real breakthrough. Yet, I should have been careful what I wished for. Work, making dinner (or buying carry-out), cleaning the kitchen, doing the laundry, and taking three-hour naps seem to be the extent of my habits lately. Yes, I said three-hour naps...as in many hours of my life that I'll never get back. By the time I'm done with these things everyday it's around 8:00p, and I don't have the motivation to do anything creative except for editing my daily photos. Oddly, I don't see unpacking or cleaning other parts of the house in that list either. How much would a cleaning lady be each week? This is not good - so I continue in my quest for routine and balance while rolling along with the punches.

As for the better half, Dan has been rewiring the house with the help of his dad. We'll have extra connections and outlets where we want them since the previous wiring didn't suit all of our needs. He's also been out in the yard taking advantage of the great weather and our new lawn and garden tools.


Last weekend we went on a walk even though it was a little dreary and chilly. I wanted to get photos of the spring blooms before the overnight frosts took them away. They're still around, though. This time we walked to the farther pool in the neighborhood. I saw some sexy man standing among the trees and snapped a few of him - don't tell Dan.


This morning sure jolted our current wake-up habits - literally. About 5:30a Dan jumped up because OUR HOUSE WAS SHAKING and then I was awake. How weird it was to be sitting in bed and shaking, half asleep, with no clue what was happening. Dan was the first to say it was an earthquake. IN OHIO?! That's what I said, but then realized we're in Kentucky - close enough. Earthquake insurance, anyone? There really wasn't any promise of extra sleep after that.

This weekend - I need to get over my hurdle and get some things done. I think anything would be an improvement over napping. To top off the weekend, Dan has a surprise date night planned for Sunday. Oooo-la-la.

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP