Sunday, April 6, 2008

A day in the life...


10:30a - After staying up until 4:00a last night working on previously mentioned map cards and printing the majority of them, this was the scene here again this morning. I got up and made french toast for the hubs and I, printed a little in the process, then got back to work.


Finished card - front and back.


2:00p - All packed up and ready to go. I realize the gigantic time lapse here, so let me fill in some details. I didn't have that many more to print this morning, but my black ink was about to kick the bucket. As a result, I was using the "best" print mode so it would print darker - and not show those dang "hello your ink is going to die" lines through the page - but it took longer. Soooo...I finished printing and cutting, and decided it would be fun to go through all 125 of them again and trim them up nice and sharp like.

The new owner of the cards (we'll call her Miss J) came to pick them up soon after they were finished. I love the reactions she has toward things and life. She's very (com)passionate and genuine with people. When I gave her the cards wrapped up in a Rye Designs "happy package," she spent a moment looking at one (with hand over mouth) and almost started crying. She loved every detail and how I was able to incorporate her wants with her fiance's. These are the moments when I'm more than thankful for what I do - the people, the stories, the reactions - the whole happy package.


3:30p (ish) - Dan took a little nap while I unpacked some things. Merry decided to join him in slumber and I couldn't resist taking some pictures of her. When Dan woke up around 5:00, Miss Little Face cuddled with him and licked his arm. She's too funny.




I love her little paws.


5:30p - Dan the grill master makes hamburgers for dinner on his new grill.


After dinner we headed out for some shopping errands and Graeter's ice cream. Mmmm, they can make a coconut chip and pineapple shake that's to die for. Maybe next time I should add a little rum to it.


11:00p - I must have forgotten about all the sugar and calories I had earlier, because I wanted some good old Oreos and milk. Dan had some too.

1:30a - Yikes. Time to hit the sheets because I have an early wakeup call.


I know you've been waiting for them, so here they are..."AFTER" photos of our paint colors so far. They're in the sneak peek album. I moved the corresponding "before" pictures to the end of the album so they are with their partners. Above are the scanned versions of our paint chips...and although the dark brown looks like baby poo on screen, it's a very nice color in person. I'll post more when the tornado zone is cleaned up and I can take pictures of whole rooms without boxes. ;)

Have a fab Sunday...

2 comments:

Sheri April 6, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

Hey! Maybe you should go into real estate photography. You make the "after" pictures look so much more 'fab' with your lighting choices, etc. And of course, they're not neon blue either...

I especially love the bathroom colors, and no, they do not look like baby poo in person. :)

Sheri April 6, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

P.S. The frisbee on Tyson's head is very real! It does look "placed" though. But you had to be there to experience how special he is to just smile like that while he's got a slimy frisbee on his head. Special needs dog!

Also, love the pictures of Merry and Dan. I like the way you've used depth of field and Merry is so crisp and clear looking! I need to borrow those for my f/2 project! :)

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP