Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hello May...

May is a month that rocks for many reasons. Mainly, it means that summer is right around the corner, and Dan and I will be celebrating another year together. I always get sappy thinking of the way our story came together and the days in May that mark a milestone for us. Actually, yesterday (May 8th) was the day we re-met...

I found Dan on Facebook the evening of April 25th, 2005 – back in the day before FB had homepages or tabs or people over the age of 30 (or something like that). I sent him a message to say hey stranger I haven't seen you in like three years, and had a response by the next morning. We caught up, remembered the "old" days, laughed about them, and acted as if it was three years prior and nothing had changed. But really, everything had changed...everything except our feelings for each other and the fact that I reeeeeeallllly wished I had kissed him back when I had the chance.

He joked that his apartment was on my way home from UC and that I could just swing by whenever I wanted, but our schedules didn't work out that way. He was going to be in a friend's wedding out of town and had things to do beforehand. I knew his birthday was May 6th, so I wrote on his FB wall and sent a text message telling him Happy Birthday, and that I hoped someone had sang to him. I heard that was the highlight of his trip. ;)

On May 8th – Mother's Day of that year – we finally had time in our schedules to hang out for the first time in three years. I had brunch with family that morning, and Dan had a graduation party to attend, but later in the afternoon I headed down to his apartment. While we took a walk around town, had dinner, and watched a movie (or something like that), we realized how much hadn't changed... how much had changed... how the universe just hits you over the head with perfect timing, and how I wasn't going to pass up my chance to kiss him that time.

The rest is history, but may be continued at a later date.

On a totally different note, we had dinner with friends Scott and Mary Ellen last night and met their new little one. We'll be having a newborn session with him soon, but we took our camera along and grabbed a few shots – hope it's okay that I'm posting them, mom and dad! I couldn't decide between color and black/white, so you get both. Enjoy!





Love the LITTLE TOES!




Tomorrow I'll have a post with peeks of the album we ordered recently. Oh man, it's fan-freaking-tastically delicious. The pictures won't do it justice, but I'll show them anyway.

Until then... Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers and moms-to-be out there.

1 comments:

Anonymous May 9, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

LOVE the pictures of Joshua. Love even more that he made your blog!!! You guys rock!

-S&M

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP