Thursday, May 21, 2009

The icing incident...

Four years ago today we had, what Dan called today, an icing incident. I love that he remembers milestones and funny things, too.

It was Laura and Ricky's wedding and what seemed like a COM 102 team reunion. That last part doesn't mean much to the story except that we all sat at the same table and one of them took a photo for blackmail – I think it was Sheri. Although, the team did play a role when I walked in with my date (ahem...Dan), and most of them said, Hey, where's Ryan?! [Insert awkward silence here.] I guess that would be MY FAULT for not sending out the memo that we broke up a month prior, but really, who says that right in front of the new guy?

Anyway...Laura and Ricky were busy being a bride and groom, talking to their guests and having photos taken. When it was time for them to cut the cake, we didn't get to see any action! No cake smashing, no messy faces, nothing. So, Dan and I (or maybe it was just me) decided that if the happy couple wasn't going to smear icing across their faces that someone was going to, darn it!

Unedited photo and all––just grabbed from my EHD: it wasn't exactly smearing that took place, but rather a loving dollop. If you look closely, you can see the icing on my nose. And it had to be cleaned off somehow...

3 comments:

Anonymous May 22, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

HA! What a fun memory!! Happy caking smashing anniversary. ;)

Mandy May 22, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

That was 4 years ago?! No way! Are you sure?! Haha

Sheri May 23, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

HAAAAAA!!! That's so funny. I forgot about that. I couldn't believe that quiet, reserved Vicki would do something like that on a first "official" date with a guy! You are wild!! :) Happy early Anniversary!

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP