Thursday, September 6, 2007

Oh, September...

It was about this time last year when Dan and I knew we were moving into our own apartment at the end of the month. Thinking we had PLENTY of time to pack and get things done... knowing that Dan was going to Mamelodi at the end of October and we had mucho stuff to do. Memories.

I'm happy the weather is still warm right now, even though I read everywhere about the anticipation of FALL and all that comes with it. Trying to still embrace the summer-ness before it's gone for good. I thought I was a goner when I wrote "Sauerkraut Festival" on my calendar for the second weekend in October. Mmm, the visions of sweaters, cabbage soup, yummy fall-scented tarts, you name it. BUT I brought myself back to the reality that I'm not ready for cold weather yet. I like my sandals and skirts. Darling Dan did surprise me with a little something last weekend, though... it's a Thanksgiving Precious Moments to start off our decorating for the season (whenever that may be). He's so sweeeeet.



101 in 1001 - On Labor Day we went to Linens 'n Things and made out like bandits. They were having a huge sale - and we had a coupon on top of that - so massive savings. We figured it was prime time to buy a new duvet set. We went with the same striped brand we have now, just in different colors so we can mix and match later. You might remember last year we bought a celery-colored duvet cover and shams with "camel" sheets... okay, light green and yellow. This time we went with slate for the duvet and shams (like the photo below), and brown for the sheets (not like the photo). They didn't have the matching curtains in stock since we're sporting the celery stripes and will need slate stripes, so those will have to be ordered. And I'd like to point you toward my 101 list, since buying the duvet and sheets is HALF of a goal completed... so close. Only 100 and 1/2 more goals to go!



Anyone else notice a trend with these colors (slate and brown) lately? I'm waiting until I clean and put out fall decorations to switch the bedding. Ahhh, LOVELY changes to come.

We also scored a cool find at LNT... a new-ish clock! I can't find a picture of it online, which is not surprising since it's probably an old item. I'll have to take a picture soon. I think it's a 24-inch round clock that's distressed and stained in style, and says Victoria Station, London England on it. IT SAYS VICTORIA! AND LONDON (Dan's fav place)! I said it's a "new-ish" clock because it's new to us, but the hands are broken off and it has some scratches in the paint (which lend to its distressed look). We were able to get it for 70% OFF. Mega steal for an awesome item that just needs a little lovin'.

Music - Have I told you about this guy yet? If you like piano players, you'll melt to hear his music on permanent repeat (and maybe just seeing his pretty photo).

Designs - In true Vicki fashion, even though our website hasn't completed phase one of design yet, I decided to redo it. I wanted more. Sure, the design we have now is kind of simple and cute, but I want simple with PUNCH. I'm really digging retro lately and I think the new logo jives with that. It's good when you grow out of your own designs and want more, and fun to have something new and challenging, but sucky when you have to see if your old stuff can fit into your new stuff. Bring it on!

Holiday grand plan - Anyone else doing this? It's now the second week and I'm still doing things for the first week. Well... the first week included making a gift list and christmas card list. I know our budget and recipients for the gifts, so the list is halfway made and just needs some filling as we come up with ideas. The card list is also halfway done with the help of our wedding guest list, but the question is whether we want to send out 90-some cards again or narrow down the list. I speak from experience when I say that I will NOT be printing out that many cards if they include a photo - they will go to a printer OUTSIDE my home.

This week's tasks don't apply to me as much, since they include taking a freezer inventory and figuring out what you'll be cooking, freezing pre-made meals, stocking up on ingredients, etc. I'll be making cookies and things, but will decide on those later.

That's it for tonight, folks. Boring, schmoring post. Time to find some ice cream and get moving!

1 comments:

Michelle September 6, 2007 at 11:44 PM  

Thanks for the link to the Chirstmas list - that's cool!

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP