Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Where's my mojo?

Warning: this post may exhaust you as much as it does for me to think about it, lol.

Okay, so you may have seen a post from me last Friday or Saturday and now it's gone, right? Yeah, crazy blogger decided that it wanted to boycott my post! I gave a quick update on Friday night about moving Saturday and scrapping Sunday...it showed up fine when I published everything, but I looked on Saturday and it wasn't in my list of posts. Odd, indeed. So I copied and pasted and did it again, thinking that the second time would stick and bump out the first one. Well, I was right...(sensing a but here)...BUT that post didn't stick into my log of posts either! When I updated some links in my sidebar, POOF! went the post. Hmmm...good thing it really wasn't anything *important*, as if these ramblings are, lol! Now I wonder if this post will stick or not.

A little recap of the weekend, shall we? Saturday I went to my parents' house with Dan and packed up most of my stuff for the big MOVE! On the way there, Dan reached over and put his hand on my forehead. Confused, I asked him what he was doing. He said something like, "You didn't bring your laptop, I just wanted to make sure you were okay." LOL...I didn't have anything packed originally, but with dinner and packing we were only there for about five hours. Mom made a delicious dinner, too!

Sunday we went to church and saw the most hilarious service I've ever seen in my life! We weren't even 10 minutes into it and I was laughing so hard I was crying! Every year this church has a HUGE Superbowl thing and this is the first year I've been there...anchors commentating the show, a *game* between the two main pastors, funny commercials saying "We solute you, Mr. ...." just like the commercials on TV, oh my it was too good! In the videos of the *players*, the older pastor rolls up in some Escalade with a leopard fur coat on, gets out and he's only like five-feet-tall, LOL. We sat and ate our hot dogs, yes they had hot dogs and popcorn, and coffee of course, and laughed the entire time. The new pastor ended up winning the game by four points, but it was a good competition!

Later Sunday was the actual game, hehe, and Dan went to play poker and watch the game with the guys, while I stayed home, listened to my music and tried to scrap a few pages... unsuccessfully. I got started on my ATC (Artist's Trading Card) for Holly's swap, then went to work on a page using her Memory kit. Man, it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with the layout! After that page was finally done, I started on another one for Michelle's challenge at the digichick, but still haven't finished it. *Sigh*...and I'm hoping that I can finish it today while I'm off, because I have TOO many other things to do this week. Anyway, here's the layout I did finish...

[WSU GRADUATION]


Credits: All here is from Holly McCaig's "Memory" kit available at www.hollymccaigdesigns.com, except straight stitching by Kathy Moore. Inking action and paper tear by Atomic Cupcake. Fonts are Susie's Hand and Fontastic.

Speaking of other things to do this week, I might be a little MIA! Here's the to-do list for this week AND next...and anything that I add to it as the week continues:
  • Do some grocery shopping for lunch foods
  • Finish ATCard
  • Finish challenge layout "Sweet on..."
  • Do Holly's Muse challenge?
  • Make revisions to the outline for my paper
  • Grade Teresa's exams for her class by this Friday?
  • Grade my students' journals (60 of them!) by Monday
  • STUDY, STUDY, and STUDY for comps next week *fearing for my life*
I'd also just like to vent for the record that I'm not too happy about this whole comps situation. Maybe I should've been more aggressive in getting answers and information, I don't know. I didn't get one email confirming anything about these exams, and I need them to graduate?! Hello! Are we expecting Vicki to fail, so let's not give her any information...or did we just forget about her? Bah!

Alright, enough complaining, I'm off to do something productive!
Think of me, pray for me, whatever you like to do...and have a GREAT week!

________________________________
EDIT: Here's the finished layout for the Chick's Life challenge...finally. Isn't Dan the cutest, especially since he let me take random photos of him?! :)

[SWEET ON YOU]


Credits: Kit used is Holly McCaig's "Memory" kit from www.hollymccaigdesigns.com. Zigzag stitching is from Holly's "A Colorful Fall" kit. Stamp alpha from Rebecca DiGrazio at SBB. Torn paper action from Atomic Cupcake. Font is Susie's Hand.
Journaling:
Cutie, I can't believe that we've only been together for a little over eight months now. It feels like we've celebrated years! I'm so in love with you and everything you do... I love when you look into my eyes, hold my hand, cover me up when I'm cold, and take care of me. I love that we have our special things like sticking our tongues out at each other and signing "I love you", whether across the room or sitting close together. I love that you're so supportive of everything I do, and always pushing me to reach my goals. Sometimes I just sit and stare at you because I can't believe that you're mine... well, also because I think that you're darn handsome! You are my best friend and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us! I'm so sweet on you!

Thanks for looking! Goodnight!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP