Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Errands AHOY!

Aaarrrrrrg mateys. What a FULL and great day. Yesterday was just okay with some bad attitudes all around, so I was really looking forward to today. Today was crack-of-dawn day at work, so I got off early and dropped off my bridemaid's dress for hemming. I called before I went - just to make sure they had time and no appointment was needed. As soon as I walked in the woman must have known who I was (or maybe not, that would be even funnier) and pointed me to the dressing room. Well hello, I'm good... how are you?

Dan and I also went HOUSE SHOPPING. Bling bling (holla holla), we got our pre-approval the other day and contacted our realtor who said we should start looking. We saw five houses tonight and the first two were definitely the best. They are next door to each other with almost identical floor plans, yet totally different. Both have three bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and a beautiful double-story back deck with a "valley view" toward the Ohio River. Swoon. Both have pros and cons. We'll be looking again next week in a different area in the opposite direction...but we have news that the main road we live off of now (which connects to the neighborhood we saw today) will be expanded from two lanes to FOUR, and have a bike trail/sidewalk. We're really excited for that - I would love to make walking it a habit whenever it's done.


After house hopping we drove through McD's for a quick dinner, and off to Florence (Y'all) to run some other errands. Tar-jay was one stop and we were sucked into its trendy, awesome products. I found an adorable (and cheap) scarf/gloves/head wrap set to match my winter coat, and the CUTEST refill for my calendar. I am downright giddy at the fresh calendar pages and possibilities. I know I can't be the only one... there's just something about having a blank calendar in front of you waiting to be written on and devoured.

Google calendar and I are still best buds, and I'll continue to use it like always because it's shared with Dan, but I can't get my head around scheduling full days (hour by hour, everyday) online to get myself into a balanced routine. I need it in writing, wherever I am. I've been sharing my recent thoughts on routine with Dan and he's right on board with helping me along.

It was good to spend an evening with Dan - looking toward the next step in our lives, connecting, laughing, eating fatty food, and enjoying our errands. He's doing some website work tonight while I'm blogging, and all is well.

Tomorrow - is quite possibly another full day. I'm not totally sure what's in store yet. Two meetings are planned for Dan that I can join, and I have to-dos to kick to the curb.

Here's to a kickin' Thursday.

2 comments:

Michelle January 10, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

A house - FUN!!!!
Love those calendar pages too - very cute!

Sheri January 10, 2008 at 2:18 PM  

Yay for new houses! Are there any photos of your choices online? One thing I learned - don't fall in love with the first one you see. I did that all too many times, but looking back, they really weren't as "perfect" as I thought they'd be. Eventually, we did find - and now live in - our perfect house! You will find it!

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP