Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New year + delayed perspective...


Just here to post something small. Last night turned out to be a good time with a bunch of couples - mostly friends and some we were meeting for the first time. As you can see, the poker chips came out for those who wanted to play (not me, that's Dan's territory), and some dice came out for a Yahtzee game with the remaining peeps. I had never played before, but caught on pretty quickly. I didn't get a Yahtzee, though.




These were two guests that we brought to the party. If you don't know about my obsession with pina coladas, then you haven't been reading this blog long enough. This might be a new staple in my diet. Oh it's so good, and just to smell it takes me back to Jamaica ordering booze with my breakfast. Irie mon. The tin of cookies are also a new favorite. Dan and I bought them to go with the chocolate fountain last night, along with a lot of other dipables, and they are abso-freakin'-lutely the best cookies ever with that vanilla filling (and even dreamier dipped in chocolate). I noticed that the serving size is three cookie sticks, so you should obey the serving size for calorie calculation purposes.


Today - I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, and that's okay. Dan and I took down the tree and some decorations, relaxed a little, went to the grocery store, and Dan made a cabbage soup for our New Year's dinner. I love that he cooks because that part of my brain was lost somewhere during college. The new year has started out just perfectly.

I'm sorry to say that I haven't chosen my word for 2008 yet. I'm stuck between two words. These two words convey totally different things and make me think/feel two totally different things. I thought I could remedy the situation by sticking the words into a hat and blindly picking, but no such luck. I need both of these things. Just because I pick one doesn't mean that I can't practice the other, so it should be easy...but no decision is easy over here.

Tomorrow - is my first day back to work, and an early day at that (6:00a). Yuck. It is Wednesday, though, a nice big hump day with a downhill slope to the end of the week.

Time to get some shut-eye. Enjoy your hump day.
First post of 2008 - check.

1 comments:

EliseBlaha January 2, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

is that rockband you are playing? or guitar hero? either way, the best ever.

and love for gmail back at you.

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP