Monday, January 7, 2008

New digs...


How do you like my new look? I have balancing on the brain right now, trying to think up a routine for myself. The evenings this week have not been good in that department because I come home from work and end up spending hours taking/uploading photos after dinner and aimlessly doing things on the internet. I need to limit my computer time - get into a groove - get moving with different things. A balance.

On the positive front, we had some friends and family time this weekend.

Friday
was Eddie's going away party in Columbus. You should have seen the LOOK on his face when he walked in the door. It was absolutely priceless. He was so thankful that everyone came to see him. We took the chocolate fountain and it was a big hit (just like the last party we took it to), and we obviously ate too much. I guess now we have an excuse to plan a little trip to New York sometime. I've never been there and I don't think Dan has either.

We got to Sheri and Adam's pretty late and had a little time to chat before getting some sleep. Saturday was spent eating lunch and dessert at Applebee's, taking photos at a lake, video games for the boys, editing photos and new blog looks for the girls, eating dinner at B-dubs (pina coladas rock), more photos, and staying a second night. Adam and Sheri were fabulous hosts - thanks so much for letting us stay, eating too much food with us, the awesome Christmas gifts, and the two granola bars we stole Sunday morning (they were good!). Oh, and I'm not sorry if I have Sheri hooked on life in 50mm. We let her try our lens and get a new perspective on life with yummy light and color. Here is Saturday wrapped up in a few photos...


The Harringtons - awwww.


Chilly Dan, but still cute Dan.


Taken by Dan while Sheri was shooting from the front.


This is what the boys had while Sheri and I played around on our laptops. Poor boys had to stand, move, and repeat about five minutes until Sheri and I could get the lighting right. Practice!


Sheri with Aunt Jamima of the dog variety - aka Brutus.

Sunday we were back in our neck of the woods. Some of the evening was spent with Dan's family since his mom's birthday was Saturday. It never fails that I get there and fall asleep on the couch for an hour or two. Since we visited his family yesterday, and have plans with them two Sundays from now, we're going to take a stab at alternating family visits. Normally we visit my parents every other Sunday, but don't have a set schedule for his parents. We're looking to create balance there too.


Tonight - This song has been on repeat. Buckcherry's Sorry, love it. Can't get enough of it. It's just so raw - full of emotion and communication goodness. I love songs that are blatantly about communication, especially ones that use THEORIES - like Jack Johnson's It's All Understood. Go check out the lyrics and see if you can figure out the comm theory stylin' of Jack (who will be on repeat now). Wonder if he knows he's a comm genius? Maybe we'll have a lesson here sometime.

Something else I've discovered and love: the zen habits blog. It's a new addition to my Google reader.

1 comments:

Sheri January 8, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

You were supposed to edit out my double-chins!! It is a good colorful picture though. And I love Aunt Jamima... he's the best! :)

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP