Friday, January 4, 2008

Some kind of...


Yesterday was like that song - some kind of wonderful. I got some emails sent and calls made that were sitting on the front burner, I got my to-do list in order, and now we have some extra storage space.

After work, Dan had to meet someone at our church and I tagged along. Let me tell you that DAN is embracing the power of go. I think that might be his word of the year. I wasn't sitting for more than ten minutes while he went to the bathroom - just sitting on a comfy chair, with my coat on, enjoying the warmth and nothingness, doing some people watching, not pulling out my laptop - when Dan came along and said GO. Excuse me? So I sucked it up and got moving, but the coat stayed put.

For dinner we headed to a Thai restaurant that we love in that area, and I actually TRIED SOMETHING NEW. This is really unheard of, and a rare occurrence at best. My tried and true dish is beef teriyaki (spice factor #2 please), but last night the shrimp and asparagus with mushrooms and garlic sauce was added to the favorites list (total = 2). Dan went with his normal dish - chicken thai spicy - BORING. Come on Mr. GO.


Next stop was Home Depot. They're having a storage sale right now and we wanted to check out their supply. We made the mistake of thinking they closed at 10:00, so when we walked in at 8:30 and they close at 9:00, we had to browse quickly. After walking through all of our solutions we decided to go home and think about it - not too impressed with what we saw, but some of those individual "white metal bar shelves" seemed good to hang in the office closets. What are those things called? We decided to check once more at the front of the store, and there it was...a silver metal shelving thing like we already have two of, but bigger and the perfect size for our closets. We threw two of those in the cart and also got an even larger black one for my baskets and crafty crap that is taking up precious floor space. Woohoo!

Tonight and tomorrow - we hopping in the car and going to Columbus. We've had it with the wimpy melty snow here in Kentucky, and we're going north to find some REAL SNOW. That's my excuse, but really there's a surprise going-away party for Eddie at his and Sonya's place tonight. Shhhhh. He's moving to New York (as will she eventually) and will be missed. We'll be shacking up with Adam and Sheri tonight and hanging out with them tomorrow. Double woohoo!

I need to run out the door, so I'll post my photo-a-day(s) later. Irie.

1 comments:

Mandy January 7, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

xCute and peaceful banner. I didn't get a chance to work on mine this weekend, I wasn't near a compter hardly! Busy busy. Maybe this week I can try, if not it will look like this for awhile. LOL

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP