Tuesday, January 3, 2006

It's about time...

...I get my butt on here and update!

I guess it's only been a week since Christmas, but it really feels like another month has passed me by! So let's see...out with the old, and in with the new. That seems to be everyone's philosophy in the digi-scrapping world right now...there are so many changes in the making. It seems like all of my favorite designers are in transitions, all with new and awesome opportunities...a new blog here, a new site there, who knows what else!

Anyways...2005...oh, you were a good year. I can't begin to remember everything that happened in the last year, probably because I'm starting to mix it up with things that happened in 2004. I guess that's what happens when you go to grad school and sit in the same grad office everyday with the same people, and go to three-hour classes four days a week for over a year, and don't watch any television besides the Presidential debates...and the only reason you watch the debates is because you are in a Presidential Communication class. Holy cow, good thing summer came along and it was the easiest grad quarter ever, otherwise I may have been tempted to do something horrible...like veg out and watch TV on a Friday night (gasp)! I could say that it was a good thing Dan came along also, but I think he distracted me from my work more than anything, ha!

Even with school, though, I would say it's been a good year. I think I've learned a lot about myself and I've met a lot of new people in the process. I started out the year by giving a second chance to a relationship I really thought could work, and it didn't. In May I strangely got back in contact with a guy I knew in 2001 when he was my roommate's boyfriend, and we've been together for the last seven months. I finished my graduate classes in August and felt a huge sense of accomplishment after all of the hard work. I started going to Dan's church and found a whole new perspective on my life and faith, one that I hope to continue and dive into more. In September I stumbled across the world of digital scrapbooking and have truly put together my two biggest passions. I ended the year with relaxation and holidays that have come and gone way too quickly... it was great to spend time with family that I don't see very often, and just as exciting to spend my first holiday season with Dan and his family. Whew!

Now that I'm out with the old, what's new? Well...this blog for one, and I'm sure there are many more surprises and excitements to come this year. Speaking of, Dan has planned a getaway for us in May and won't tell me anything about it! Eeeee!

Today was the first day of winter quarter for me, so I'm back to teaching and I get to meet 60+ totally new students on Friday! There's some tweaking I want to do with the material this quarter, and I want these students to really succeed. Last quarter I had so many students that didn't seem to care and they scraped by with a D or a C. HELLO!! This quarter I will make them FEAR the material...mwahaha...or if all else fails, at least make them motivated to get higher grades on the exams. Anways, enough of that...

Something else that's new is a full-year challenge at TDC, and I really want to try to keep up with it. Even though I'll be working on my paper hardcore the next few months...which I'm totally motivated for...I still love the idea of journaling what I remember throughout the year. After my paper's done it should be easier to keep up with, I hope. It may even be easier just to take my posts here and paste bits into the challenge layouts...hmmm...

And I almost forgot to talk about all of the new TOYS from Christmas! I got so many toys that they're coming out of my ears! No...really they are, I'll show you. I took pictures of a few toys, one of which is the camera itself!





I know the pictures are kinda crappy because they were a quick thing, and you'll have to ignore the glare and messy desk and all, but you get the point. That right there on top is a 20" widescreen monitor to go with my cute little widescreen laptop, and a Dell MP3 player, all from mis padres (laptop is an existing toy). My mom also got me a gift certificate to Express (I can hear those anorexic models calling me now), a couple cute watches, and a sewing machine. The new digital camera was a present from Dan that upgraded me from a measely 2.0 megapixels to 7.1, along with a tripod, assorted Sharpies (does the man know me or what?), a little silver mouse that I can keep in my pocket for company (ok ok...maybe in my laptop bag for some wireless action when I need it), a mini USB hub, some scrapping tape rollers...and I'm sure I'm forgetting things. Man, I am spoiled! And that's not all, folks...Dan's parents and grandparents bought me a ton of baking stuff, including a mixer! It'll all go nicely with the massive amount of kitchen stuff I bought for Dan. Also, since I don't have room for it here at my house I'm going to stash it at his apartment to use when I'm there, giving him a pretty full kitchen.

[Note to self: bake Dan something for goodness sake, the man does all the cooking!]

Other than the boring, shmoring stuff I've written already, I went to Officemax tonight to get in a few supplies and I'm in Heaven! I don't know why I didn't think about this before, but I've been looking for a small holder (portfolio?) to put my pocket-sized Flavia calendar into...with no luck. Tonight I passed by the address books and got a great idea! The address book holders are so much cheaper than the calendar holders, and they're exactly the size I need! The first one I picked up was the one that caught my eye and I ended up buying it. Mmmmm, I love office supply stores. I feel so organized again...

I think that's about it to this abnormally long post. Even though I don't do New Year's Resolutions (because I forget about them after a week), there are a few things I'd like to try to do...maybe you all can hold me accountable now that I'm writing them here.
  • Post more often than once every week or two
  • Use my gym membership that's eating away at my credit card, at least on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I'm off
  • Get together more often with my friends instead of being antisocial...I miss them!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP