Thursday, January 19, 2006

Productive day?

So far, I think I've been pretty productive. Key words: "so far."

Let's see...this morning I had to get up and go to my office to give one of my students their exam early. They all have their first exam tomorrow, mwahaha. After my student was finished, I caught up on some digi blogs and left campus. God forbid I step foot on campus on a Tuesday or Thursday when I don't have to!

Then, I headed down to have lunch with Dan. It's the little things that excite me, really...getting to see him in the middle of the day for a lunch break and some chit-chat. After that I was driving back home on the highway right next to the Cincinnati airport...which happens to be in Kentucky, you figure that out on your own time...and I look up to see two jet engines staring me in the face! Well, with a HUGE plane attached of course, but way to freak me out! Holy cow!

I stopped by Starschmuck's after that to pick up two of their 'create your own' tumblers, only to find that they just had one left. The guy at the register tried to talk my ear off about it, like "oh, if you have time or there's another store nearby, you should check there to see if they have any...(yeah, I will)...we usually have a lot of these, it's not like we're discontinuing them or anything...just look for the ones that say 'create your own'...I'll let my manager know that we're out...we should have more in soon if you want to come back..." Okie dokie buddy, you're not the only store on my way home, I'll find another, I'll live, no big deal. It's as if he told me that they were all out of coffee or something, lol.

After stopping at the second Starbuck's on my way home, I found a bounty of tumblers! Looks like my area isn't as hip to the tumbler "thing," though you'd think they would be. Maybe I need to share this news with them. So I bought my second one and was on my merry way to the car wash! It's about time I got my poor car washed, too, since I've been saying "I need to wash my car" since the beginning of summer. Another week and my car might have divorced me, especially since we had SNOW Tuesday night and Wednesday morning and it stuck! Thanks, Gina, for sending some of that snow my way!

So now I'm home and wondering what to do...I obviously have tumbler fillers to make, or I could sit here and torment my cat. Or my lovely engaged friend, Sheri, just got a blogger and I need to convince her somehow that it's better than her xanga, otherwise she's going to ditch the blogspot. Perhaps I could tempt her with a new site design and banner...hmmm. Or I could start on the outline that I have to turn into my advisor next week.

Ah, there's a subject to talk about, my paper. I met with my advisor yesterday and she understands that all of the grad students slacked off fall quarter with their newfound freedom, so that's cool. But then she asked me if I really wanted to work hard on this paper "like it's my job" (haha) to graduate in June, or just relax and stretch it out to graduate in August. Hello! Don't tempt my procrastinating side! That side will always win! So we came up with a week-by-week timeline, and hopefully that will get my butt in gear....probably not, but hopefully. I'll take money from the university as long as they want to give it to me, though I would like more. Maybe I could negotiate...like I'll grace them with my presence for a little longer if they add some more moo-lah to my check every month. I see a persuasive speech coming on, lol. Which reminds me, Sheri wants a persuasive speech from me on the reasons why she should keep her blogspot, dang it!

[Link for the confused: Sheri and I both taught public speaking courses last year, hence persuasive speeches. She's still doing it this year, but I switched to interpersonal. I probably couldn't actually GIVE a persuasive speech to save my life!]

Anyway, I think that's it for now. I was indirectly tagged with a quiz on Dani's blog, but I'll do that later tonight in a separate post when I want a break from something.

Tata!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP