Sunday, January 29, 2006

My crazy weekend!

That's about the extent of it...crazy!

Since the last time I updated a few days have passed, man where have they gone? Last Wednesday night and Thursday I had to grade all of my students' exams to pass back on Friday. Luckily, Dan helped me by grading the multiple choice while I graded the essays. Friday, I had the joy of passing back the first round of exams, seeing some happy faces and some disappointed faces, and teaching about language and meaning. After office hours I drove down to meet Dan at work and we had dinner with one of his co-workers...mmm, chinese food. We also drove around the neighborhoods to check out the houses for sale, and got a paper on one that was really cute, but I think we're going to wait a little while on the house thing.

Saturday...all we wanted to do was relax around the apartment, which we were pretty successful in doing. I worked on a layout most of the day, but I still haven't finished it because I just don't like it. I keep trying different compositions and nothing calls to me. Maybe after I do my challenge for TDC this week it'll inspire me to finish the one I'm stuck on somehow. Saturday night we drove up to Dayton for Sheri's birthday at the Olive Garden. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen Sheri since last May at Laura's wedding. The dinner was awesome, we got some pictures, then the group went back to Sheri's house to play some Cranium. That girl is the board game queen! :)

This morning Dan and I went to church, drank our coffee and listened to a really good service about friendship. I always love listening to our main pastor because he's the funniest guy and he really knows how to get the messages across. After church we stopped by the Sprint store to find me a new cell phone, but the store was really busy and I was being my indecisive self. We ended up getting some carry-out from Penn Station and going back home, and I looked online at the phones to try to make up my mind.

We were supposed to meet my brother and his family to go snow tubing tonight, but after such an "eventful" weekend we really didn't feel like going. The fact that this morning was rainy and warm didn't help the snow fun factor either. We sat around for a while...seems to be a theme here...then we went back to the Sprint store and I bought a new phone! I think I had my old one for something like 3 years, so it was time for a new one.

And now we sit...watching movies, eating pizza, and I want to start on a new layout but I really need some inspiration first. It's already 10:30, so I'm sure I won't get much done tonight. Guess I better get to it, though. Goodnight!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP