Sunday, January 15, 2006

Love the three-day weekends!

Who doesn't? Thanks to Mr. MLK Jr., my students and I get to sleep in on Monday!

As for the last few days, procrastination and scrapping have taken over...what else is new? Actually, Thursday I got my car into the shop to get an oil change and a few other repairs. I'm now several hundred dollars poorer because of the lovely Dodge people! I still need to take my car over to the tire people to have my tires checked out since it's all free over there with my warranty. Also on Thursday mom and I got pedicures together, so that was a nice piece of Heaven on my weekday afternoon. Afterwards, Dan and Geoff met my mom and I for dinner, I got my car back from the money-grubbing dealer, and Dan came back to my parents' house to talk to my dad about me moving in with him...hehehe. So I think it's official that I'm going to move in with Dan at the beginning of February, but it hasn't really hit me yet. I guess I'm over here all the time anyway...? Maybe after I've moved all of my crap over here it'll hit me! Apparently Dan also talked to my dad about the vacation he's taking me on in May, so I might have to be bribing daddy to give me the scoop!

While I'm thinking about it, and watching it, you have to go check out this flash cartoon about the end of the world. It is hilarious! I laugh my butt off everytime I watch it or hear a line from it... http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end.php.

Anyway, on Friday I got to tell my students about their first exam and if they don't study it's going to...and I quote from Evan...bend them over, spank them, and call them Rhonda. After class and office hours I headed over to Dan's house, he cooked some dinner, and I did some scrapping. Earlier in the week I created a layout for my 2005-in-review challenge at TDC, but after looking through my newest Creating Keepsakes magazine I was inspired to do a totally new layout. I really like how it turned out, I may even do a second page to go with it. Here it is...


Papers are from Jen Wilson's "Highland Mountain" layers collection. Flowers and fastener are from Holly McCaig. Straight stitching is from Kathy Moore. Fonts are Petra Script, Top Secret, and Vicki's Scribble.

There's something else that I want to mention, but I don't really want to mention it and then it not happen...so I'll just cross my fingers and wait to give you that news! For now it's off to bed so I can get my behind out of bed for church in the morning.

Until next time...enjoy your three-day weekend if you have one!

0 comments:

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP