Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bring it on...


Last night the IT team at church had a dinner to celebrate all of their volunteers. Dan has been volunteering there for a few years now, playing various technology-related roles. It was nice meeting other IT employees and volunteers (and their spouses), and seeing those I already know. The highlights included a super cool Crossroads-branded name tag (above), computer-shaped sugar cookies complete with mini M&Ms for keyboard keys, a waffle dessert, a hilarious IT song recorded by the band, and the whole evening really.


Tonight has reaffirmed that I am much more productive in the evenings. It's no secret that I've always been a night owl (thanks dad), and I guess the last couple years of day job + evening biz has created a habit for me. During the day I get distracted and have a lot of 'what was I doing?' moments. Am I too young to have senior moments? Seriously.

Tonight was definitely kick-butt. I finally finished designing our Christmas cards and ordered them—all 100...oy! I've been working on our address list this week, so that should be finished just in time. I also designed and ordered gifts for our 2009 clients. I can't wait for everything to be delivered. It's funny that we have no gifts in mind or purchased for family, but client gifts are done. Fifteen days until Christmas, but who's counting?

On a totally different note: if you remember Joe and Maura from their maternity session last month, their little boy was born yesterday! Hopefully their newborn session will be scheduled soon to introduce you to their new little one. :)

Tomorrow: another day working from home and wrestling with my task list. Wish me luck.

0 comments:

Tweet Tweet

Blog Archive

Search

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP