Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas came early...

Okay, I'm going to admit something. We're all friends here, right? Believe it or not, my husband is a bad gift giver. There, I said it. He's a bad gift giver. Not because he gives bad gifts, though. Quite the opposite—he gives me the BEST gifts. It's his timing that needs work. As soon as he gets a gift in his hand, even before it's wrapped, he wants to give it to me. And once he's forced me to open my gift(s), I want to give him his gifts. This has created interesting Christmas mornings for us because we have nothing to open from each other.

So, when two packages arrived from UPS yesterday I wanted to make sure that one was kept for Christmas morning. I already knew what one package was because we discussed and ordered it together. [Side note] I went into work late yesterday so I could sign for these packages. There's nothing like stepping out of the shower and hearing the doorbell ring. [End side note] Leave it to Dan, he left work early, unpacked the packages, and wrapped the gifts before I got home...and then he made me open both. He's so cruel.

The gift I knew: a Canon 5D Mark II. The surprise gift: a Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS lens.





Now, we just need to decide if we will sell our Rebel XSi or keep it. It's a nice size to tote around and would serve as a backup if either the 40D or 5D is out of commission. It's been a great camera for us so far.

Today: Dan and I had one of his family Christmas parties today. His dad's side gets together for lunch on the Saturday before Christmas. We were running out the door this morning, an hour behind schedule, and forgot the Christmas cards we needed to distribute. I was so mad. I made the best of the situation by opening our Christmas card list on my phone and updating addresses with everyone. Did you know that Google spreadsheets can be edited on the iPhone now?! I haven't tried any other types of documents yet, but that really helped my sanity.

The rest of the day included some needed relaxation. Right now I'm enjoying some couch time with Dan and Saturday Night Live. Muse is on the show tonight!

Tomorrow: Dan and I get to have lunch with Joe and Maura and meet their baby boy for his newborn session. Yay! After that, I will be getting monogram canvases ready for shipping. If you were a canvas giveaway winner, you will receive it this week. Other than that, I'll see where the day takes me.

0 comments:

Tweet Tweet

Blog Archive

Search

  © Brooklyn Template modified by Rye Designs

Back to TOP